If Earth had Saturn Rings....

Uranus planet has a few rings. Maybe, Jupiter will be next.

Jiro...

I wonder if it will make any differences in temperatures in many cities which are used to have tropical/hot climate. If so, how?

Jiro...

I wonder if it will make any differences in temperatures in many cities which are used to have tropical/hot climate. If so, how?

absolutely! it will make a dramatic change. our climate, temperate, and ecosystem would be different. it's pretty amazing that the entire thing is dependent on temperature (even by a couple degree difference) and the amount of sunlight received.

just..... amazing......

I think Pluto are no longer identify as a planet. It's just a big rock one.

yup you are correct. It is no longer considered a planet of this solar system as of 2006. and yes it's just one big ugly lonely rock. :aw:

:lol: it's weird to see the big ugly lonely rock still there along with the planets. So Pluto would not move away and stays behind the planets. I wonder why is that. Sorry for the off topic and senseless.

:lol: it's weird to see the big ugly lonely rock still there along with the planets. So Pluto would not move away and stays behind the planets. I wonder why is that. Sorry for the off topic and senseless.

off-topic? no worry! I thought it was because Pluto was just too damn far to be part of our solar system but from what I searched... here's a better explanation -

Pluto failed one of the 3 rules set by IAU (International Astronomical Union)
1. is in orbit around the Sun,
2. has sufficient mass to assume hydrostatic equilibrium (a nearly round shape), and
3. has "cleared the neighborhood" around its orbit.

Pluto failed #3

off-topic? no worry! I thought it was because Pluto was just too damn far to be part of our solar system but from what I searched... here's a better explanation -

Pluto failed one of the 3 rules set by IAU (International Astronomical Union)
1. is in orbit around the Sun,
2. has sufficient mass to assume hydrostatic equilibrium (a nearly round shape), and
3. has "cleared the neighborhood" around its orbit.

Pluto failed #3

Thanks. so pluto is just a big ugly rock according to those lists that are not met. how sad.

I think as we discover more about our solar system, the planetary status of many objects could change. Who knows, Pluto may get reinstated as a planet in some years, and maybe another planet may get 'ousted' just as Pluto did.

Thanks. so pluto is just a big ugly rock according to those lists that are not met. how sad.

Also Pluto runs along Neptune's path on the other side of the solar system, it doesn't go in a perfect circle like all the 8 planets.

That's pretty cool.

Now, I wonder way back in the days when people believed that the world is flat... what would it be with ring?

Back