Huge Ant Hill

This is pretty cool. Reminds me of podhomes like the Jetsons. Ants have certainly displayed mutations that display how biology plays a fact of life on species.

You know what I also thought? It shows that the ants are capable of reverse engineering simple materials and compounds out of nothing, or from manmade devices.

Were they scientists studying how ants create their colonies? I just feel pouring cement in it was unneccessary..

Yeah, it kinda sucked for this particular experimental group to lose their home, and a mass genocide of the remnants inside those cement tunnels..
But then again something like this would've taken quite some time to create. Might've taken decades for it to go as expansive as it did. It'd be hard to create your own isolated environment and observe your study for a long period of time, plus the outcomes might not yield the same due to restrictions. So it's a penalty to both sides, but a winner for the study/research I suppose.

Were they scientists studying how ants create their colonies? I just feel pouring cement in it was unneccessary..
Yes, they were scientists.

The ants were destroying parts of the land that belong to the farmer.

Yes, they were scientists.

The ants were destroying parts of the land that belong to the farmer.

Oh...I thought it was in the middle of nowhere. No captioning so I had no idea what they were talking about.

lol wait till you see termite mound. :lol:

Haha. Well... Either way, it isn't going to look pretty!

Ever see those ant movies... Phase IV and Them!... old movies.

What about animated ant movies... A Bug's Life, Antz, and Ant Bully. :)

Yeah, I've seen these animated ant movies. It makes me think of how those colony has their own system of operating things.

I remember years ago, I saw a small ant hill and one day I was experimenting to see if they could actually lift a stick of celery together. Sure enough, They swarmed up to the stick of celery and carried it all together. It was just interesting to see that.

I guess you wouldn't say that if there is a massive ant colony in your backyard :laugh2:

Haha. Well... Either way, it isn't going to look pretty!

Yeah, I've seen these animated ant movies. It makes me think of how those colony has their own system of operating things.

I remember years ago, I saw a small ant hill and one day I was experimenting to see if they could actually lift a stick of celery together. Sure enough, They swarmed up to the stick of celery and carried it all together. It was just interesting to see that.
Them! is about giant ants. Phase IV is about ants that have developed a level of intelligence that surpass humans in a scary way.

Them! is about giant ants. Phase IV is about ants that have developed a level of intelligence that surpass humans in a scary way.

Ah, interesting. I'll have to check that out when I can. :)

Thanks.

I do remember watching this youtube video years ago. It is quite amazing how the ants build their massive colony underground.

If I was a farmer, I'd flatten that anthill with a steamroller ..... or better yet, suck them up with a vacuum cleaner.

If I was a farmer, I'd flatten that anthill with a steamroller ..... or better yet, suck them up with a vacuum cleaner.

1. doing that with a steamroller would be an epic fail cuz it'd cave in and you would be surrounded by angry ants
2. vacuum cleaner? yea.... that's like watching a paint dry....

c'mon.... do it JIRO STYLE - how about pouring in gasoline and then light that shit up? :cool2:

My friend has gopher problem in his huge backyard and there are 2 holes. he stuffed in smoke grenade and covered it up and then waited for gopher to come out of other hole

BOOM GOES THE HEADSHOT!!!!

Back