Huge Ant Hill

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
These guys decided to fill a huge ant hill with cement. Here's what they found...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQERRbU23bU]YouTube - Ants![/ame]

Yeah... looks like something out of a sci-fi movie.

Kinda eerie seeing those weird things when they dug up the dirt. :eek:

It is eerie, That's for sure. Haha.

At first I thought it was looking like a "city" of skulls and bones but then later on, I knew it wasn't the case.

Still, That is one HUGE ant hill. I don't think I've ever seen an ant hill that big of a size. Normally I'd see mounds or bumps of an ant hill but nothing like the one that is shown in the video.

At first I thought it was looking like a "city" of skulls and bones but then later on, I knew it wasn't the case.

Still, That is one HUGE ant hill. I don't think I've ever seen an ant hill that big of a size. Normally I'd see mounds or bumps of an ant hill but nothing like the one that is shown in the video.
Yeah... those ant hills are like icebergs. The bottom is almost 10 times bigger than the top. :eek:

I was very surprised to see such a big ant colony. Was it in the United States?

yea ants work real hard for a nice colony. I have always wanted to see inside how ants created it. surprised that those people had guts to pour all over on ants in the cement. =X thanks for posting it here.

:jaw: WOW! Amazing and interesting about ant hill! That's TONS of ants!!!

lol wait till you see termite mound. :lol:

:jaw: WOW! Amazing and interesting about ant hill! That's TONS of ants!!!

you want tons of ants? hike at African forest (West Africa to Congo) and disturb the certain territory. If you hear lot of "chittering" noise.... run.... i mean RUN like hell. but we can't hear that so another way is to look at the ground at high ground or tree. it will looks like a "black river" on ground is moving - that's when you have to run... RUNNNNNNNNN RRRRRRUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper::run:

btw - it's locally called Siafu.. or "Driver Ants" :Ohno:

:-o

That's kinda freaky if you come to think about it!
Ever see those ant movies... Phase IV and Them!... old movies.

What about animated ant movies... A Bug's Life, Antz, and Ant Bully. :)

It looks like to me that they are very intelligent ants without education through school! Very mastermind ants! :eek:

It looks like to me that they are very intelligent ants without education through school! Very mastermind ants! :eek:

nah. simple - they had million of years to evolve to perfect their cooperation & roles. In short - they are a robot. Queen Ant can specifically select the sex and type of ants to be born to do the specific task. There's no free-thinking, democracy, or whatsoever. You do realize that it's based on "caste" system? ... which is what India uses. so no I wouldn't call them intelligent... just amazing

:cool2:

Were they scientists studying how ants create their colonies? I just feel pouring cement in it was unneccessary..

Back