"How to say i love you." ONLINE FILM (English Subtitles)

lorelaipoulain

Reaction score
Hi all,
My name is Francesca Sophia and I am a student & writer/director from Manchester (England). I made a film recently called 'how to say i love you'.

It was featured on youtube and people seem to enjoy it. Basically I have just spent the past few hours coding subtitles for it, and I thought maybe you guys would like it.

I am working on getting subtitle translations for various other language as well, (but I'm one 20 year old girl with a lot of mounting University work, so it's taking a little time).

and you guys are right about how hard it is to get proper captions on youtube - It took me about two days to figure it out and then I had to do it in the library because the only programme I could find to subtitle was Windows compatible only and I have just a Mac. But it's done and if it isn't satisfactory (I've never done subtitles before so I don't know - but I'm going to attempt them on our other films once I get the time) could you tell me please and I'll correct them : )

Anyhow, here is the film:

I hope it makes you smile, and if it doesn't bring on the constructive criticism - or just go on with your daily life : )

Thanks for reading, Take care, and

Kind regards,
Francesca : )

Fran, the film I just watched is great, you did a great job with the subtitles, it makes sense in a short time of the film. Keep up with the work, i believe there is a good sense of directing in you. :) I am a filmmaker myself too, I am still figuring out how to get my movie from DVD into youtube, but it seems impossible.

I am still figuring out how to get my movie from DVD into youtube, but it seems impossible.

Is it a VOB file then?

There are VOB converter programmes online I think. If it isn't could you tell me what extension file it is and I'll try and help if i can : )

Oh and Hi : P

I'd be very interested in seeing your film : )

Kind Regards,
Francesca Sophia

p.s. Glad you enjoyed the film and thanks for your lovely compliment ^_^ It is much appreciated.

Is it a VOB file then?

There are VOB converter programmes online I think. If it isn't could you tell me what extension file it is and I'll try and help if i can : )

Oh and Hi : P

I'd be very interested in seeing your film : )

Kind Regards,
Francesca Sophia

p.s. Glad you enjoyed the film and thanks for your lovely compliment ^_^ It is much appreciated.

your welcome and I am not sure about the file, I will have to check when I am at home. I am located in Australia and am at work at the moment. The film I made was 3 and half years old, when I was in year 12 when I made it, and it was all about the deaf and hearing worlds in 'relationship'

Hi ! :wave:

I don't understand every word they say. :-\ It doesn't show CC.

This is another repost -- there is another thread of the same kind -- if you want to turn on the CC, you will need it turn it on manually by clicking the CC (or picture with lines in the bottom of a tiny screen) on the bottom right corner)

Nice work Francesca, it's a wonderful movie! The captioning turned out great, only thing I would add is a comment right at the beginning, maybe something like 'girl crying'. *shrugs* Just a suggestion. Keep up the awesome work, I watched the other two videos, they are interesting. :) Have fun subtitling them too.

I really enjoyed watching your film. Welcome to AllDeaf.:wave:

Cool vid.
Hope you bring some more videos for us to watch. :)
Welcome to AllDeaf.com!

Mod's Note:

Double threads merged.

This is another repost -- there is another thread of the same kind -- if you want to turn on the CC, you will need it turn it on manually by clicking the CC (or picture with lines in the bottom of a tiny screen) on the bottom right corner)

Ah, thanks JClarke.

Good video, by the way lorelaipoulain. :) I know it ain't that easy to make CC in movie. I am glad you help deaf people to enjoy movies with CC in it. ;)

awww! it melted my heart. very well done - i was just a little confused though - the word erm , is that how she said it or was it umm ? couldnt hear that part. anyway - It's awesome that someone would actually take the time to put in the caption for us to watch. Very rare to have someone do this out of thier hearts. By the way - what was the captioned program you had to use under windows ? . BTW - welcome to AD! :D:cool2:

Nice work Francesca, it's a wonderful movie! The captioning turned out great, only thing I would add is a comment right at the beginning, maybe something like 'girl crying'.

Good suggestion - next time i'm on a Windows PC I'll add that in and replace it : ) thanks.

Thanks to everyone else for the compliments as well, and glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks all - for such a warm welcome. :wave:

Kind Regards,
Francesca

Back