How far would you go for a rebate?

For 4$ I wouldn't but then again those that would I can respect that because no matter what amount is owed, well it's money owed. I did get one mail-in rebate quite a long time ago was a scanner I bought at staples, had to wait quite abit and had to call a few times but finally got it, (thought I never would get it) the amount was 80$! So I much prefer insta rebate at the register.

Stores like wal mart have a matching price policy but they also have (in Canada) Canadian Code of Practice Scanner Price Accuracy which I wasn't aware of until recently, details here link You would be amazed at what you could save with this one!

Also what I started doing for groceries is actually shop the weekly specials and buy (not in bulk) but almost, something I never paid much attention too, I was always going to the same supermarket, now I shop around and amazed at the savings. Something I should of done a long time ago.

I check my shopping receipts before I leave the grocery store and try to watch the prices that are ringed up. I found a lot of sale items being change as the regular price. And sometime there will be a two for X$ sale and I will buy only one and the store ring up 2 items. Market Basket is really bad , you have to keep an eye on them or you will cheated a lot.
And another thing stores are doing it trying to get you to buy a extended warrantie when you check out. I never buy them , as there is too much fine prints in it.

My idea for extended warranties assuming you buy alot of appliances or electronics. Open a savings account just for repairs and each time you buy something put the cost of the extended warranty in the account. Never touch the account unless something breaks. It addes up. I break my rule only for cars but that is because I drive alot of miles in a short time and car repair can get up there.

For 4$ I wouldn't but then again those that would I can respect that because no matter what amount is owed, well it's money owed. I did get one mail-in rebate quite a long time ago was a scanner I bought at staples, had to wait quite abit and had to call a few times but finally got it, (thought I never would get it) the amount was 80$! So I much prefer insta rebate at the register.

Stores like wal mart have a matching price policy but they also have (in Canada) Canadian Code of Practice Scanner Price Accuracy which I wasn't aware of until recently, details here link You would be amazed at what you could save with this one!

Also what I started doing for groceries is actually shop the weekly specials and buy (not in bulk) but almost, something I never paid much attention too, I was always going to the same supermarket, now I shop around and amazed at the savings. Something I should of done a long time ago.

Another tip. Best time to buy groceries.......Midnight on Tuesdays. Sales start on Tuesdays normally. At midnight the new prices will be in the scanner but often times the sale prices from the previous week will still be in the scanner as well.

I bought a new HP computer 4 or 5 years ago and it came with a mail in rebate with HP for $100. I sent it in and they mailed me back said the information wasn't correct and couldn't send my rebate. I went back and forth with them via email a few times and that didn't work so I contacted one of those local news channels consumer protection advocate things you see on tv sometimes and they contacted HP themselves and within 3 weeks I had my rebate check in my hand.:D

Good for you! I can't stand seeing companies get away with lying to the public. They mess with the wrong person! I love it!

I never got $100 rebate in the mail from AT&T when I got a phone 1 and half years ago. Oh well, haha. I would rather choose instant rebates, altho.

My idea for extended warranties assuming you buy alot of appliances or electronics. Open a savings account just for repairs and each time you buy something put the cost of the extended warranty in the account. Never touch the account unless something breaks. It addes up. I break my rule only for cars but that is because I drive alot of miles in a short time and car repair can get up there.

That is a good idea . I brought a fan yesterday and I was ask if I wanted to buy an extended warrantie for it , I said "No" . When I got home and opened
up the box I saw that I had to make the fan myself! I had to put the fan together and attach the motor to it then it put on the stand! I brought it back to the store! I was not going risk burning my home down with a $20.00 fan. K Mart did not have any other stand up fans to buy. And if I broken the fan trying to put it together an extended warrantie would not had cover it.

Another tip. Best time to buy groceries.......Midnight on Tuesdays. Sales start on Tuesdays normally. At midnight the new prices will be in the scanner but often times the sale prices from the previous week will still be in the scanner as well.

I like! :) Thanks for the tip TXgolfer!

The stores do not stay open that late when I live , CVS is the only one, and Market Basket start their sale Sunday and Shaw's on Friday.

Back