HOH in the middle of the lonely Appalachia

ashleycat90

Reaction score
HELLO!

Been Deaf since I was two and fluent in ASL since I was 18. ;) I was raised in a hearie world. I went to college where I meet many other deaf friends but recently graduated and moved home. There's not many deaf people to interact with around here so I hope to meet some lifelong understanding friends online here!

:ty:
Looking forward to meeting you all!

HELLO!

Been Deaf since I was two and fluent in ASL since I was 18. ;) I was raised in a hearie world. I went to college where I meet many other deaf friends but recently graduated and moved home. There's not many deaf people to interact with around here so I hope to meet some lifelong understanding friends online here!

:ty:
Looking forward to meeting you all!

Wlcome to AllDeaf. You will find plenty to do and comment on here. I am from Southern IL, not far from Kentucky itself-- about 150 miles from the IL-KY border is where I grew up. I grew up 100 miles north of Carbondale, IL, and 100 miles east of St. Louis, MO. That should give you an idea of where I'm from.

I lived in Appalachia as well, but the Virginia part and yeah, nobody to ever sign with and the general populace isn't exactly understanding of HoH or deaf people. I lived 94.3 miles from Kentucky going over the mountains.

Welcome

I lived in Appalachia as well, but the Virginia part and yeah, nobody to ever sign with and the general populace isn't exactly understanding of HoH or deaf people. I lived 94.3 miles from Kentucky going over the mountains.

Welcome

I grew up in the mountains and usually go to VA for shopping and things like that! It's a lonely place. I'm lucky to have a few hearing friends who sign and things like that but.....no one's really understanding as fellow deafs.

Wlcome to AllDeaf. You will find plenty to do and comment on here. I am from Southern IL, not far from Kentucky itself-- about 150 miles from the IL-KY border is where I grew up. I grew up 100 miles north of Carbondale, IL, and 100 miles east of St. Louis, MO. That should give you an idea of where I'm from.

Close by! Thanks for the welcome! :)

I've been curious about Appalachia. Is that a safe area?

By the way, I'm profoundly deaf and rely solely on ASL.

Im from NE Tennessee about maybe 2 hrs from Kentucky 1 hr from hot springs NC

I am moderately deaf with progressive hearing loss
I am currently taking ASL classes and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wear Phonak Audeo S Mini

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. I have never been to Kentucky, let alone not going to the family reunion years ago. My father was born in Kentucky in 1913. Rest In Peace, Dad. :(

I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

:wave: Welcome to the site!
I know how it feels to be the "only" HoH person or just not knowing anyone in your area. It's the same here in Canada, I don't know anyone who is deaf/HoH. You'll find some people!

Again, Welcome to AD!

Cough
(Sips a fine sip of the finest scotch this side o Scotland, to remember Robbie burns)
Big hello
(Drags cigarette, breaths deeply exhales smoke in the shape of Appalachia)

Back