Higher monthly payment with contracts...

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
My Verizon contract will be up in January. My family is on T mobile plan. I would like to get back on T mobile by then to save money. I wanted to ask about the no contract with T mobile.

My concern was that I would stay with T mobile for 2 years without contract. I would end up paying FULL cost of phone as opposed to partial cost if I signed a 2 year contract.

I wanted to know about monthly plans. Someone mentioned that I would pay more for monthly plans if I had contract as opposed to no contract so that the company would recoup the lost wage from phone sales.

Is that accurate? Can you elaborate?

I use Verizon too and I get a $10 discount on my phone bill , you have to ask about it , Verizon will not volunteer the info . I asked how can bring my phone bill down and was told about the discount ,you have to renew it every year , I been getting if about 3 years now, it help , because we have so many extra fees on our phone bills.

We're debating switching from T-Mobile to Verizon. We need better coverage and updated phones. It depends on what they can offer us.

We're debating switching from T-Mobile to Verizon. We need better coverage and updated phones. It depends on what they can offer us.

That is funny. I am going down. You are going up. I don't know about your location, but I don't think that Verizon is worth the high price.

That is funny. I am going down. You are going up. I don't know about your location, but I don't think that Verizon is worth the high price.
We've been satisfied with T-Mobile, up to now. The problem is coverage. There are too many uncovered areas. It's very annoying to not be able to make calls unless we drive a few miles or stand on a hill top, or wait until later.

We will also have to upgrade equipment because we each have phones that are becoming obsolete. :(

My daughter and her family recently switched from T-Mobile to Verizon. They had to because they live in a new neighborhood that had no coverage from T-Mobile.

Can you get your old phone unlocked? I did that with my phone (it was t-mobile and they did it for free) and after that the phone is like a free agent: you can go to a different carrier, buy a sim card to put in your old phone, and avoid buying a new phone. The guy at the store had to do a little adjusting of the phone settings to make sure everything worked after putting the new sim card in it, but once he did everything has worked great.

And I agree with Reba about coverage. Right now I'm pretty much always in an area where it doesn't make a difference - everyone seems to offer service in or near a city, so I'm able to use the cheap carriers. But when I was getting out more and visiting friends who lived a couple hours out of the way, I had the same experience she described. Inconvenient at best, and it would have been really bad if there had been an emergency.

I use Verizon too and I get a $10 discount on my phone bill , you have to ask about it , Verizon will not volunteer the info . I asked how can bring my phone bill down and was told about the discount ,you have to renew it every year , I been getting if about 3 years now, it help , because we have so many extra fees on our phone bills.

Yeah, I have so much extra fees on my phone in addition to the phone bill itself. I would hope that other companies don't have those extra fees tackled on to them. That is why I hate Verizon.

Yeah, I have so much extra fees on my phone in addition to the phone bill itself. I would hope that other companies don't have those extra fees tackled on to them. That is why I hate Verizon.

What extra fees?

"so much extra fees"? huh? I've been Verizon customer for a very long time. I don't know what is this "so much extra fees" you speak of.

I'm on Verizon's deaf plan. It's like $50 or something.

It's definitely worth the price because of business. no phone signal = loss of business

I have no idea. I use like 6-8 GB per month

:roll:

then next time - know what you're talking about before you speak.

as for 6-8gb per month... well that's gonna cost you a dime.

I got mine with $54.99/month. Limitation was 2 GB. I went over that. Therefore, it cost me a lot of money.

Can you get your old phone unlocked? I did that with my phone (it was t-mobile and they did it for free) The guy at the and after that the phone is like a free agent: you can go to a different carrier, buy a sim card to put in your old phone, and avoid buying a new phone.store had to do a little adjusting of the phone settings to make sure everything worked after putting the new sim card in it, but once he did everything has worked great.

And I agree with Reba about coverage. Right now I'm pretty much always in an area where it doesn't make a difference - everyone seems to offer service in or near a city, so I'm able to use the cheap carriers. But when I was getting out more and visiting friends who lived a couple hours out of the way, I had the same experience she described. Inconvenient at best, and it would have been really bad if there had been an emergency.

What I have added the bold to works for switching between providers that use AT&T or T-Mobile towers as those are both GSM technology but those that use Verizon or Sprint use CDMA technology and the two (GSM & CDMA) are NOT compatible!

Whether you will get all features when unlocking and switching between carriers that use AT&T towers and those that use T-Mobile towers depends on the bands that are in your particular phone.

What extra fees?

federal tax
state sales taxes
911 /Disability fee

Verizon surcharges and other charges & credits
federal universal service fee
vld carrier cost recovery charge .
vld long distance administrative charge .
Verizon property tax recovery charge
federal subscriber line and access recovery charge

after I am finish paying my damn bill I need a recovery !

whenever Verizon get hit with a bill from the government , Verizon passed it on to 'your truly' . My mayor wanted to have the telephone lines in front of city hall put underground so it would look nicer at city hall. If had been done the residents phones bill would had gone up so the phone lines left alone.

federal tax
state sales taxes
911 /Disability fee
total $1.80

Verizon surcharges and other charges & credits
federal universal service fee $2.28
vld carrier cost recovery charge .99 cent
vld long distance administrative charge .74 cent
Verizon property tax recovery charge $2.29
federal subscriber line and access recovery charge $7.15

after I am finish paying my damn bill I need a recovery !

whenever Verizon get hit with a bill from the government , Verizon passed it on to 'your truly' . My mayor wanted to have the telephone lines in front of city hall put underground so it would look nicer at city hall. If had been done the residents phones bill would had gone up so the phone lines left alone.

Does T mobile have those extra bills like this? Any other carriers?

Does T mobile have those extra bills like this? Any other carriers?

The exact ones will vary with your location but it is part of the way postpaid accounts are billed by virtually all carriers. They set a rate and then the other charges (such as taxes) are added on top of that. Your bill can also go up if you use more than what is part of your basic plan as with postpaid you are paying for it after you use it.

With prepaid plans you are buying so much service including the taxes and fees before you use it. That is usually stated as one inclusive amount. If you hit the amount of say data that you have bought instead of your bill going up that part of your service will stop working until you buy more usually by paying for the next month's service.

Back