Hi!

Claudia. S

Reaction score
Hello.
I'm Claudia an ASL student, this is my third year taking ASL classes. I'm working on being more confident in my signing and reaching out to people in the Deaf community, seeing as there isn't many Deaf people in texas, I hope to make new friends and gain more knowledge about the Deaf community.

Welcome to AD, Claudia. Too few dhh in TX? Oh, my word! we need to breed quickly and assimilate TX! :D

Welcome Claudia! :)

Hope you enjoy your time here in AD :mrgreen:

Hello.
I'm Claudia an ASL student, this is my third year taking ASL classes. I'm working on being more confident in my signing and reaching out to people in the Deaf community, seeing as there isn't many Deaf people in texas, I hope to make new friends and gain more knowledge about the Deaf community.
What?? One of Texas cities is huge Deaf Mecca....

Must depend on where she lives in Texas- huge state... but yes there are a couple of major cities with a good sized deaf population.

Welcome to AD, Claudia. Too few dhh in TX? Oh, my word! we need to breed quickly and assimilate TX! :D
Haha exactly what I was thinking! I've been trying to get involved in Deaf social events here but its impossible to find a good group of people willing to talk to me.

Must depend on where she lives in Texas- huge state... but yes there are a couple of major cities with a good sized deaf population.
I live in Irving, it's a small city. I do know in Houston there's a great population of deaf people, today there's a Deaf rally in Houston which is a couple of hours from where, but unfortunately there's not that much deaf culture in irving.

Welcome to Alldeaf! :) My name is Juliet. I'm at the border of Texas which means live close to Texas from another state. I've been to Dallas and Galveston Beach with my husband a few times after I moved from New York. Dallas is 3 hours away from me. I love Texas, but maybe will move there someday. I've heard of Irving a couple of times that someone told me about it. Anyway I know there is a huge deaf community in Dallass- Houston areas. I have a several deaf friends who lives there. So can feel free to contact me anytime that maybe we can get to know each other if you are interested. Nice to meet you. Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Last edited:
Back