Hi everyone I'm new here :D

sillian.lillian

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a high school student and I am hearing. :wave: I know this site is primarily for hoh and deaf, but I find sign language to be the most beautiful languages there is and I want to learn about deaf culture! I'm not very fluent at all in sign yet but I'm taking a great online course. There is no deaf kids at my school that I can go up and talk to, so I have turned to the fellow community to introduce myself. so, hi!! :lol: :cool2:

Welcome sillian.
our sign Is beutifull and thank you for wanting to and in taking the time to experience and learn sign. With our language comes our culture, our stories, our poems, our jokes, dive in..the more hearies learn our language, the less i hope we will be looked at as defective by them in need of a solution and cure...
Stick around, hey you thinkin about gally for college?
Sign will set you free girl, sign will set you free...
Nice to meet you

Hi! I'm a high school student and I am hearing. :wave: I know this site is primarily for hoh and deaf, but I find sign language to be the most beautiful languages there is and I want to learn about deaf culture! I'm not very fluent at all in sign yet but I'm taking a great online course. There is no deaf kids at my school that I can go up and talk to, so I have turned to the fellow community to introduce myself. so, hi!! :lol: :cool2:

Are you interested in an ASL immersion camp where you can learn to Sign?http://www.gallaudet.edu/summer_programs/youth_programs/immerse_into_asl.html

Stick around, hey you thinkin about gally for college?
Sign will set you free girl, sign will set you free...
Nice to meet you
Hey don't overwhelm her....it would be awesome if she went to Gally for 'terping...but she's just now dipping her toe into the language and culture

Thanks for responding everyone! @deafdyke I will definitely consider! thanks! @hoichi nice to meet you too, thanks for the kind words :)

Back