Hey! I'm new and I need help!

Taryn

Reaction score
Hey there my name is Taryn and I am from Ontario Canada...more specifically Georgetown! I am not fully deaf, but I have been partially deaf since the age of five (I am now 21). I am currently in university for Media studies -- Journalism! I have always been..undermined in a sense since I've been young because I think when people knew I had trouble hearing, they automatically thought that I had mental issues. They thought I needed help learning and developing. I know that is the case for some people, but for me, I was just an ordinary person who needed help to hear.

Anyways, for my subcultures course I chose to write and research on the deaf subculture and give a little more insight to this world. I was wondering if anybody could give me ideas, thoughts and/or stories that would help me. I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks a bunch,
Taryn <3

Hey there my name is Taryn and I am from Ontario Canada...more specifically Georgetown! I am not fully deaf, but I have been partially deaf since the age of five (I am now 21). I am currently in university for Media studies -- Journalism! I have always been..undermined in a sense since I've been young because I think when people knew I had trouble hearing, they automatically thought that I had mental issues. They thought I needed help learning and developing. I know that is the case for some people, but for me, I was just an ordinary person who needed help to hear.

Anyways, for my subcultures course I chose to write and research on the deaf subculture and give a little more insight to this world. I was wondering if anybody could give me ideas, thoughts and/or stories that would help me. I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks a bunch,
Taryn <3

:wave: Welcome to AllDeaf :wave:

I am from Ontario, Canada :D

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Have fun browsing and posting! :)

Welcome to AD. I too am canadian, but on the other side of the country. Good ol' Alberta here!

Hello,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here :)....

Back