Hello from San Jose, CA ASL student!!

mogaines86

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Monique and I'm currently studying ASL mainly as a 3rd language. I've been very fortunate to get into the ASL program and am learning amazing things. I look forward to making new friends on this as well as the deaf community here in San Jose.

I may have a few questions so please forgive me. I see that this is a VERY strong close knit community so I hope you all extend your olive branches to me and welcome me with open arms!

Hello everyone,

My name is Monique and I'm currently studying ASL mainly as a 3rd language. I've been very fortunate to get into the ASL program and am learning amazing things. I look forward to making new friends on this as well as the deaf community here in San Jose.

I may have a few questions so please forgive me. I see that this is a VERY strong close knit community so I hope you all extend your olive branches to me and welcome me with open arms!

Hi. Extending an olive branch would mean we want to apologize to you and make peace.

But welcome.

Thank you hahahaha sorry bout the olive branch I for got to put that I learned a no no from my teacher that kinda ticked him off. Instead of speak/signing directly to him I spoke to his interpreter. Yes, VERY rude! Thank you by the way are those your dogs?

Thank you hahahaha sorry bout the olive branch I for got to put that I learned a no no from my teacher that kinda ticked him off. Instead of speak/signing directly to him I spoke to his interpreter. Yes, VERY rude! Thank you by the way are those your dogs?

Those are my dogs! But the black one in a dress prefers it if you mistake her for a little girl. :P

Welcome to AD! :wave: It is good that you learned from your experience. I hope you will share with us what else you learned.

Are you the student of Ohlone college?

Hi Monique!

Nice to have you here!
May I ask.. how come you're interested in ASL?

Cya around!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back