Hello from IL

Hi I used to live in chicago in '95 and '96. I don't miss that winter. what kinda hearing loss do you have?

My left ear has 45% hearing, and my right ear has none. I guess you could say it's bilateral? I got it when I got Rubella less than 24 hours after my birth.

Hi mark, I never met a bicycle with hearing loss! I'm really impressed you can type. How does big wheels can type is beyond me!
I've hearing loss in both ears, 60% in one and 50% in the other, can't remember which.
life must be a challange with only one ear with a loss!

Actually it's not. What I do is I rely on visualization to get by, and if I'm on a bicycle, I have to look at least 2 blocks ahead of me for each mile I ride, to see if there are obstructions that might force me to reroute, and I also check for construction, as well. I might not be able to hear well, but I use my eyes to survive slamming into a car or something.

I'm hearing loss in both ears, but my left ear is slightly worse than my right, but they're both moderate, I am gonna go back sometime in the next few weeks for a checkup.

It's nice to meet another IL member here!! By the way, I am a human and not a Rottweiler. Sometimes, I wish I was a dog, though. I've to worry about shoe sizes. My dog does not have to. Life is unfair!!!!

:wave:we seem to be getting an influx of midwestern folks here

with my first Rottie some years ago, I tried some booties - for winter time. More for novelty than I thought she was really having a problem.
She immediately pulled them off and that was the end of that.
<today if I really thought we needed them, I train it as a behavior, but I didn't know about that then>

dogs also do not have to wonder about clapping cats but both dogs and cats could use ASL-

:wave:we seem to be getting an influx of midwestern folks here

with my first Rottie some years ago, I tried some booties - for winter time. More for novelty than I thought she was really having a problem.
She immediately pulled them off and that was the end of that.
<today if I really thought we needed them, I train it as a behavior, but I didn't know about that then>

dogs also do not have to wonder about clapping cats but both dogs and cats could use ASL-

I tried to put a cap on Zeus, but he didn't want to wear a cap. Shoes would be a big NO. He wouldn't touch shoes with a 10 foot pole.

It's nice to meet another IL member here!! By the way, I am a human and not a Rottweiler. Sometimes, I wish I was a dog, though. I've to worry about shoe sizes. My dog does not have to. Life is unfair!!!!

Yes, it is nice isn't it? At least I'm seeing a tiny spike of those from IL coming here-- I've noticed a few intros saying they were from IL.

:wave::giggle: reminds me of my first girl <Rottie> wearing her little children's birthday hat at the dog bakery some years ago. The first few years of first pair of dogs <my girl and her adopted Black Lab brother> we would get birthday cakes for them and take them to the doggie bakery to have their picture taken <pic. would then go on the bakery's wall with the other b-day dog pictures>.
We have a picture somewhere in hub's computer of her and my Lab sitting together in the bakery wearing their hats - humoring us, the people.

<while I still like the idea of cakes, my dogs no longer eat grain so we don't get the cakes anymore...but it is a local bakery and the owners have been great so I try to get other things there sometimes.

Zeus is too handsome for shoes!

Yeah, it would be great to see more Midwest people here and hopefully have a meet up sometimes in the near future. It can be with dogs or without dogs.

Yeah, it would be great to see more Midwest people here and hopefully have a meet up sometimes in the near future. It can be with dogs or without dogs.

Small cute ones are okay. The big ones will have me scampering up a tree.

Back