Hello, anyone out there?

ImaKing

Reaction score
I don't know how to use this thing but I am trying to find Deaf and/or Hard of Hearing in my area of Northwest Arkansas. I am coming to terms that I have lost a significant part of my hearing during the war, I have hearing aids and am learning ASL but have no one else to communicate with with in my area using these new tools. Everyone else I know are hearing and all though I can communicate with them within good circumstances, it is hard at times and i begin to feel isolated. So... anyone out there?

:welcome: Unfortunately, I'm not from Arkansas... but I'm sure there's people on this site from there. Have you been taking classes? If so, you can practice with your classmates? Or you can practice communicating over the internet if there's not anyone from where you live that you can communicate with. :dunno2:

Side note: your choice title for this thread has got Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" stuck in my head :roll:

Which war did you lose your hearing in? I live in Illinois, but I have been to Arkansas a lot growing up.

:welcome: Unfortunately, I'm not from Arkansas... but I'm sure there's people on this site from there. Have you been taking classes? If so, you can practice with your classmates? Or you can practice communicating over the internet if there's not anyone from where you live that you can communicate with. :dunno2:

Side note: your choice title for this thread has got Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" stuck in my head :roll:

Lol, that's the song I thought of too. I plan on taking some classes this Spring, for now I am learning online and books. - Thanks

Which war did you lose your hearing in? I live in Illinois, but I have been to Arkansas a lot growing up.

Iraq, artillery shell going off next to me. I totally lost my hearing for about three days then gradually came back but not fully and have tinnitus that is constant. Hearing aids help a lot but at times not much help. My last hearing test showed that I have lost some more due to probably ware and tare. I'm a lot more pro-active in protecting my hearing now and trying to learn more sign language with family.

Back