Hello and Help?

So you want to write a book and have people here do the work for you? How much royalties will we get for writing your book?? ;)

I hope so too .-.

Hmm I don't know how those work .-. but I've heard some people can get implants to start hearing? I'm not sure .-.

um... I'm not so sure there are implants to reduce your hearing. you might look into getting a set of ear molds designed to reduce the level of sound. There may be different materials that will not impede normal sounds but will catch sounds beyond a specific range.

They make ear molds for swimming all the time and for other specialty uses so this should not be too out there for them.

I hope so too .-.

Hmm I don't know how those work .-. but I've heard some people can get implants to start hearing? I'm not sure .-.
Yeah, cochlear implants
Although I don't find having my head cut open and stuff screwed inside necessary or a nice thought
There's several consequences from having it done, the surgery itself can send you fully deaf, and if you're hit in the head after surgery you can go fully deaf
I'd rather stick with hearing aids, better the devil you know than don't
Plus, the surgery isn't reversible and if you don't like the way things sound after you have it done, you're stuck with it

um... I'm not so sure there are implants to reduce your hearing. you might look into getting a set of ear molds designed to reduce the level of sound. There may be different materials that will not impede normal sounds but will catch sounds beyond a specific range.

They make ear molds for swimming all the time and for other specialty uses so this should not be too out there for them.

Hey Cheetah :) she meant cochlear implants, for deaf people lol I don't think implants have been made to hear less :P

Hey Cheetah :) she meant cochlear implants, for deaf people lol I don't think implants have been made to hear less :P

Krissy - you are right, thanks! I was combining two different posts. silly me! :giggle:

I do have a CI so I know first hand how the implantation of the CI will destroy any hearing left in that ear. I waited until there was no more usable hearing before getting my CI. That way if it failed, I lost nothing.

Krissy - you are right, thanks! I was combining two different posts. silly me! :giggle:

I do have a CI so I know first hand how the implantation of the CI will destroy any hearing left in that ear. I waited until there was no more usable hearing before getting my CI. That way if it failed, I lost nothing.
Hehe :)
Yeah, that's the same type of thing I was thinking, If my hearing stays the same as it is now then fantastic, but if it ever gets worse, I'll keep my options open. I doubt I'll ever have one though if I'm honest

Back