Hello all :)

bekbek91

Reaction score
So I'm new here, and I'm hearing. I'm majoring in accounting and deaf studies. Since last semester, I've been learning about Deaf Culture and needless to say, I was very impressed and felt the need to learn more about the pride in the culture. Last semester, I took a Deaf Culture class, but I only took it so that I could complete a section of transfer requirements for a university. Part of that was to interview a deaf person, but I failed. This semester, I decided to take beginning ASL and my teacher made me fall in love with ASL. She gave me the same assignment. I've gone to so many events, but I feel too shy to go up to someone and immerse myself in the language. Now, here I am, two days before the assignment is due and I am in desperate need of help. I know this probably isn't a great first impression, but I really, sincerely want to make friends. I feel that if I can make a friend here, it will make it alot easier for me to talk to the Deaf kids at school. If anyone's up for being interviewed, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm a really nice 20 year old kid just trying to make it through life :D

oh my goodness I'm in the same boat haha where are you studying now?

Svet :)

you wont know till you try.bsl is my langage but most deaf will some how communicate to another.go to a page about a french deaf restraunt in paris i forgot name of it but it part of univercity.You be surprised it will give you links to many other unusual deaf stuff and put you at ease with communiction

Thank you

you wont know till you try.bsl is my langage but most deaf will some how communicate to another.go to a page about a french deaf restraunt in paris i forgot name of it but it part of univercity.You be surprised it will give you links to many other unusual deaf stuff and put you at ease with communiction

I'll look into that, thanks! :D I forgot to mention that last semester when I took my first deaf culture class, I was kinda surprised when I found out that my teacher was Deaf, but we had interpreters in the class, so I didn't worry too much about communication.....until one day when she came up to me and asked me if I was in her class. At the time, I hadn't taken ANY ASL classes, so all I saw was a confused look, minimal lip movement and hands moving around. I felt so stupid and my classmates just laughed at me. Almost all of them had 3 or more years of asl and I guess it's the fear of having that happen again...

Back