Hearing girl from Atlanta, GA

Kelseyscott327

Reaction score
Hey there! My name is Kelsey and I am trying to learn asl on my own and am having a hard time. I know random signs and the important ones to know but it would be nice to have someone to tell me how I'm doing and help me improve. See if I can actually carry on a conversation without making anyone struggle to read my lips. I talk funny and fast. If I get good at it, I'd like to go to school for asl and deaf culture and maybe become an interpreter! I love the language and the community and would like to be as good as possible.
I'm almost 20, live in atlanta and am very nice! Thank you :)

:wave: Hi Kelsey!! Welcome to AD, i think you are the first person i found thats from Atlanta Ga! lol well really i dont wanna look or ask people when some could be Crazy! ha! anywhoo names Emily. hope to hear from you soon.

Did you want to be interpreter right after someone told you that interpreter job do get a good pay, which is about $80k/year? :lol:

:welcome:

Hi!

Hi! I'm from atlanta too, and i'm also hearing. God has given me such a passion for ASL and I love that you are learning it, too!

God gave you a passion for ASL?? :cool2:

yeah I started learning asl 5 years ago then randomly met a deafie who is one of my good friends. he moved away and now I really want to find some new deafie friends and get to do some cool ministry projects with them! :)

yeah I started learning asl 5 years ago then randomly met a deafie who is one of my good friends. he moved away and now I really want to find some new deafie friends and get to do some cool ministry projects with them! :)

well thats pretty good then!! well welcome to the forum!! :)

I am from the Atlanta area too. I live in Cherokee, grew up in Cobb. I graduated from Gallaudet with 173 course credits and am trying to find a teaching job for the deaf/hoh in my county. I am married, and my wife is profoundly deaf, and was the first child to receive a CI in Atlanta (and she does not wear it). We have a 1 year old (and one is on the way ... we both discovered this 2 days ago).

My wife and I have a strong deaf peer support group that we are "protective" of. Learning ASL can be a daunting task for the uninitiated, but I seem to recall that Georgia Perimeter College has ASL mentors you can call on a VP, or meet in person for one on one mentor sessions.

And fwiw, I am a strong believer in divine intervention and me and my wife go to FBCW.

I am from the Atlanta area too. I live in Cherokee, grew up in Cobb. I graduated from Gallaudet with 173 course credits and am trying to find a teaching job for the deaf/hoh in my county. I am married, and my wife is profoundly deaf, and was the first child to receive a CI in Atlanta (and she does not wear it). We have a 1 year old (and one is on the way ... we both discovered this 2 days ago).

My wife and I have a strong deaf peer support group that we are "protective" of. Learning ASL can be a daunting task for the uninitiated, but I seem to recall that Georgia Perimeter College has ASL mentors you can call on a VP, or meet in person for one on one mentor sessions.

And fwiw, I am a strong believer in divine intervention and me and my wife go to FBCW.

what school did you and your wife go to? if you dont mind me asking. as in highschool or a pre-k through 12 grade school?

. . . I seem to recall that Georgia Perimeter College has ASL mentors you can call on a VP, or meet in person for one on one mentor sessions....
I haven't checked recently but Georgia Perimeter did have a good terp training program, and they offered excellent workshops that I attended.

$80k/year? You are so funny! :lol:

NSVVwPM.gif

https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs?keyword=Translation&salary=80000

$6,779 x 12= _____(do the math)

Not hard to find terp jobs that are over 80k/yr. :)

Back