Health Forum

BigSpike

Reaction score
I think we should have health forum because we can understand and share experience regard health problem, what do u think? Also I like to discuss about Mental Health issues too...let me know what all of you think?

BigSpike said:
I think we should have health forum because we can understand and share experience regard health problem, what do u think? Also I like to discuss about Mental Health issues too...let me know what all of you think?
Yes, i wish we could have Health issues forum in here......
wondering if Alex will do it??....mmm?

Defee said:
Yes, i wish we could have Health issues forum in here......
wondering if Alex will do it??....mmm?

That will be very helpful for us to find out why you always enjoy to pulling your husband's ear and nose hairy every night before you go to bed. We will hear of your expression of your inner feelings. :lol:

Sabrina said:
That will be very helpful for us to find out why you always enjoy to pulling your husband's ear and nose hairy every night before you go to bed. We will hear of your expression of your inner feelings. :lol:
LOL! verrry funnieee, sabrina...why not? :twisted:

well.. i think it's nice to have a health forum but do you think alot of people at the AD will have a comment of thier health problem, I think they will not share cuz it's part of privacy, but in the other alike let me give you a example.. * Help I need your help... How i can solve a rash from poison ivy, anybody know how to solve*.. that's is very simple!! that really fine with me.. but other people won't say which is very serious and won't share with it.. So I don't know about that too.. I just hope in other way, they can give a respect what they do have a health problem and hope they don't avoid whatever they had a health problem...

I had a bad experience with that.. I had a friend who has a aids, he used to have many many many friends and he used to be a popular but now everybody avoid him because of him having a aids.. so that's really SILLY! so think about it.. i know Ad do have alot of supportive but you won't know anytime it will happens...

CoolieFroggie said:
well.. i think it's nice to have a health forum but do you think alot of people at the AD will have a comment of thier health problem, I think they will not share cuz it's part of privacy, but in the other alike let me give you a example.. * Help I need your help... How i can solve a rash from poison ivy, anybody know how to solve*.. that's is very simple!! that really fine with me.. but other people won't say which is very serious and won't share with it.. So I don't know about that too.. I just hope in other way, they can give a respect what they do have a health problem and hope they don't avoid whatever they had a health problem...

I had a bad experience with that.. I had a friend who has a aids, he used to have many many many friends and he used to be a popular but now everybody avoid him because of him having a aids.. so that's really SILLY! so think about it.. i know Ad do have alot of supportive but you won't know anytime it will happens...

That's really sad that your friend was shunned just because he has an ILLNESS. And, that's all AIDS is, is an illness. It doesn't matter how you get that illness. What's matters is, once a person contracts the virus, they take excellent care of themselves to prevent/stave off the destruction of their immune system. And, once the person has "converted" from HIV+ status to fullblown AIDS, they need to be very diligent to prevent further deterioration of the immune system, so that they stay healthy for as long as possible.

Any other nonsense needs to be put to rest once the person is sick, because, at that point, the person needs as much support as he/she can possibly get! It burns by backside, when I hear of people being rediculed for something they had no control over, or very little control over.

I'm sure I opened up a can of worms here now, so have at me, guys!

*steps off soapbox now* LOL

No trying to get everyone better access to medications and here's another one for better communication with your doctor through a free service called MD Hub http://www.mdhub.com/

Richard

Also the other purpose of suggesting the health forum on ad.com because it can help deaf & hoh people to share their struggles and battle with any kinds of cancers and disease by showing peer support..it wud be ideal for this..

Hmm..yeah, sounds good. Just wait and see if it gets approved by the administrators of this site. :)

It's good suggestion.

It would be great to give members the information over healthy condition.

Definitely, we should have health forum. I work at the University of California San Diego Cancer Center as Deaf Community Health Educator. We have cancer education/prevention videos in ASL and open caption. There is a website you can check out and view the video online. www.cancer.ucsd.edu/deafinfo

Last edited:
Back