Have A Couple Questions...

This thread is pointless without quote. I hAd no idea what is it all about. Too bad it didn't give deaf a chance to speak their mind here first.

She basically said she learns really fast, learned 240 signs in 3 days. But doesn't know how to put the words in order to make sentences so she needs a deaf friend so that she can get good. But she doesn't know where to meet deaf people, she couldn't find any near her. She wanted to know how to find deaf people so she can make a deaf friend. She mentioned several deaf churches near her and a school that has a variety of students, some deaf, where she wants to help out, but she felt she couldn't do this until she learned asl.

She complained that she sees signs different from the ones she's learned, that mean the same thing. She asked how she's supposed to understand someone if they're using different signs. She worried about learning ASL and then meeting a deaf person who uses signed english and not being able to communicate. She worried about going to the deaf church to make a deaf friend and offending people by trying to get a deaf friend.

I should have quoted. I know we're supposed to save these kinds of posts for Botti. Drat.

sound look likes ASL. I believe you have ASL. It is serious. I recognized you have ASL?

Bot right dont delte people get to know your style ..There are deaf clubs that have socials and hearing invited maybe ask someone, sadly deaf clubs not so many..
Start by saying hi and a smile

I disagree with this, someone might post something then regret what they said to a person and will want to deleted it. People have a right to delete a comment they had made . You guys are making is sound like this a rule and it's not.

I disagree with this, someone might post something then regret what they said to a person and will want to deleted it. People have a right to delete a comment they had made . You guys are making is sound like this a rule and it's not.

True,i done that more than once not intentional i just apologise,visa versa..Many times for me it bad grammer and people take offence but that the way to get to know peoples style..i tend be bit lazy and make assumptions everyone understands me and clearly dont....Bot right it can be irrtating when peope delete but that free speach public forum differnt countries we all got different points of view just as long as we dont insult..Both you and Bot are to the point few words most deaf are i stil think as hearing person and in writing will use flowery words if met me in person that would not be the case

Right. Op got offended by someone s post that bothers me. But your right.

I know it's not a rule. I don't think it should be a rule. There are times when I agree, we all have the right to delete, and sometimes it's appropriate - we have good reason.

But this person asked a bunch of questions that I took the time to answer in some depth. Some of the things she was asking weren't realistic or entirely considerate, and I did try to get her to see that, but I also went to some length to give her some encouragement about the learning curve and to help her see that she does have some options. And to let her know that I can relate to some of what she's going through. After doing all that, to have her delete the original set of questions was really frustrating. Especially since she replied to me as though I was suggesting that she just shut up and suffer. That felt really rude to me.

Back