Greetings from Southern California!

LillyPad

Reaction score
I am new to the site, and am trying to see where everything is... message boards get me confused -_-

I am hearing learning ASL. I've come to find that signing has come easier to me, but it's more the understanding part I need more practice with. Also, when my instructor signs fast I get lost. We have not gone over the grammatical structure of the language only simple phrases plus vocabulary.

I am a very quiet girl, shy as well. I have this condition known as deprevation amblyopia in my right eye, but while I knowledge it I don't see it as a disability mainly because my parents never differentiated me from my siblings, we were all treated equally. Here is where I think my signing will be off bc my eyes may not translate my signs adequately (or so I think). I like to learn new languages. Fluent in English and Spanish. Also speak a little bit of French, four years of school, but now I decided to learn ASL and broaden my horizons a bit more. I am beyond clueless about the deaf/Deaf culture, but reading a bit here on the forums has shed some light. Okay this is extremely looong for an intro hehehe. I am shy at first, but once I get comfortable with someone they can't shut me off or turn the volume down :giggle:

hello how are you doing i want you to add me to your yahoo messenger so that we can chat better and i will let you no about everything ok here is my yahoo id (officerjoe@rocketmail.com)

LOL welcome to AD and I'm pretty much the oppsite since U have amblyopia and I have myopia (I'm nearsighted) :)

LOL welcome to AD and I'm pretty much the oppsite since U have amblyopia and I have myopia (I'm nearsighted) :)
Thank you for the welcome :D Well I have amblyopia in my right (see from shadows to nothing), but I would say my left eye is nearsighted... that's what happens when you wear other people's glasses at a young age :P
By the way my name is Evelyn, very nice to make your acquaintance!

Thank you for the welcome :D Well I have amblyopia in my right (see from shadows to nothing), but I would say my left eye is nearsighted... that's what happens when you wear other people's glasses at a young age :P
By the way my name is Evelyn, very nice to make your acquaintance!

LOL for me, I'm myopic in both eyes so that makes it bilateral and I also myself have Astigmatism

OMG my name's pretty close to yours so I'm Emma ;)

Back