Future motorcycle without kick stand? WTF...

Evo Dragon

Reaction score
C-1-Lit-Motors.jpg

http://litmotors.com/home/

Test on prototype motorcycle:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXjEt-P9b_0]C-1 Street Test drive - YouTube[/ame]

Demo and production 2014:[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdmgDgcZfvY[/ame]

Hmm... looks like it requires power to keep itself standing. That would sound like a good idea if you were to leave it parked while it charged, but what if you park it some place where there's no charge? Will the battery last long enough to keep it standing on its own?

It does look nice a nice piece of technology, but only for singles. Definitely not for me... as my job requires me to bring a lot of things with me.

They call it a motorcycle but it is not. It's a two-wheel car. By definition (at the DMV), a motorcycle must be ridden astride. This vehicle on the video is ridden like a car, in a seat. In fact, the guy introducing it opens the door and says that it has a seat "like a car." It uses a steering wheel and pedals, like a car.

It uses two gyro's, non-Segway technology (he says). Also, the developer said that it can carry a passenger or four bags of groceries in the back.

Looks kind of interesting. Would you need to get a motorcycle license to drive this one?

If a car hit the gyro-motorcycle, you will never be dropped. You basically rattle inside of it :rofl: not even dropping it while you go hard corner. Less injury right!!

I ever wonder if long usage can wears out gyro bearings and it get seized. You park and drop!?? :rofl:

Gyro-motorcycle already invented some time around 75 yr ago. It uses big gyro under behind seat.

Catty

Looks kind of interesting. Would you need to get a motorcycle license to drive this one?

Because you sit in it like a standard car, and use car pedals, you'd need a standard car license to drive it. It looks "motorcycle-like" but is really for all intents and purposes a "Smart Car" on two wheels.

No need helmet Law? Tired of buying expensive motorcycle clothing? Ha!

Don't expect to get the biker salute when you drive by. :lol:

Hmm... looks like it requires power to keep itself standing. That would sound like a good idea if you were to leave it parked while it charged, but what if you park it some place where there's no charge? Will the battery last long enough to keep it standing on its own?
I played the longer youtube by LA Times, and on that one they showed that it uses a type of kickstand when it's parked and not running.

They expect 220 miles between charges, 120 mph top speed, and $24,000 cost sometime in 2014.

Because you sit in it like a standard car, and use car pedals, you'd need a standard car license to drive it. It looks "motorcycle-like" but is really for all intents and purposes a "Smart Car" on two wheels.
However, golf carts don't, so I'm not sure how it will be classified. It should bring up some interesting questions like, how to register and insure it, and will drivers need to be licensed? :hmm:

However, golf carts don't, so I'm not sure how it will be classified. It should bring up some interesting questions like, how to register and insure it, and will drivers need to be licensed? :hmm:

they go by number of axles/wheels. and weight.

they go by number of axles/wheels. and weight.
For what? Classification? Or for licensing? Or registration?

Do you mean in combination?

How would you classify this? As a car or as a motorcycle?

it's how DOT classifies a vehicle. In this case, it'd just be called as "two-wheeled vehicle" or motorcycle.

FHWA Vehicle Classification
FHWA Vehicle Classes with Definitions

Motorcycles -- All two or three-wheeled motorized vehicles. Typical vehicles in this category have saddle type seats and are steered by handlebars rather than steering wheels. This category includes motorcycles, motor scooters, mopeds, motor-powered bicycles, and three-wheel motorcycles.

A ready made coffin. Im sure it wont hold up to any impact, and not much room inside to pad you.

Back