Fsdb

I had one week to think about it. I don't mind being held back because I can have a more time on improve my Education and ASL.

Thank you folks! :). I will move to Fla in about one or two weeks and live with my Grandparents. I know one of my childhood friend that actually goes there! I'm sure I will have a good time!

That's great, Joey!

I don't mind being held back because I can have a more time on improve my Education and ASL.
Yeah, and legally we can stay in school until we're 21/22. I also think that it will be a good thing b/c then if you end up loving it, you'll have a bit longer to stay there instead of only having one or two years.

Joey, I am very happy for you. I so wish my parents were given the opportunity to allow me to go when I could.

Oh I see...you're going to stay with your grandparents to establish residency (qualify as a Florida resident) and stay in the dorms? Lucky you can do that!!! Too bad you didn't know about FSDB earlier.....I think one of the issues that you ran into with Virginia School for the Deaf and Blind, is that while it was somewhat sizable, it was still kind of small, and was also just for traditional deafies (meaning severe and profounders) It also may not have undergone extensive revamping to make it hoh friendly. I envy you...and you're so lucky to be able to do the dorm/res school experiance. It really is an amazing amazing fun experiance. ...school is now going to be "home"....There was a mom of a hoh girl who ended up going to FSDB, who posted here a few years ...I remember in her last post she said her daughter was home for the summer....and couldn't WAIT to get back to school!

Ah, you talk about Amanda?
Not sure what her name was, but her mom's name was Deborah, and she wore hearing aids....I think they were orgionally from Georgia....it was a few years ago.

I have to go to doctors for check up then go to Fla school for deaf and blind for THREE interviews with them! I had one with VSDB before but three with FSDB, wow!

My son had no problem getting into college after going to a deaf school. And neither did 80% of his classmates. In fact, a student from a deaf school is far more prepared for the college experience than a deaf student from the mainstream in my experience.

Shoot. I have thought about that and it would be true.

[insert good analogy here] (I can't think of one at the moment!)

Back