Esquire magazine picks best buys in used vehicle department

Its THEIR own opinion. That Jeep is gasser but the body is robust! Its still body ON frame which we won't be seeing anymore on newer models.

Based on my experience, JEEP rocks! Still it is!

Damn it, I missed our (*NON-GRAND*)Cherokee Sport! I still see our Cherokee down there at my neighbor house (8 houses down). LOL

Nice to see the Pontiac G8 in that list! I'm no fan of Holden, but I'm glad they sold in the USA..

Nice to see the Pontiac G8 in that list! I'm no fan of Holden, but I'm glad they sold in the USA..

Pontiac is not longer a current nameplate although fairly recent used ones are around in the USA. Holden, to my knowledge, was never sold in the USA. My dad sold Oldsmobile, Buick, Cadillac & GMC Trucks up until his death in 1963 so I have retain a bit more interest in cars than some gals. I had never heard of Holden until some from other countries referred to them and I am still not really familiar with what their different models are.

I drove Pontiac G8 with manual and it's JUNK but engine was powerful and nice. The clutch pedal was too high and made me lifted my knee to up to press it. Corvette's clutch pedal was perfect and easy for my knee and don't need to lift at all. Just your foot only. I noticed mostly Japanese vehicles are great with clutch pedal unlike most american vehicles.

My old coworker's friend bought G8 and drove around for half year then sold it and he hate it so much.

I drove Pontiac G8 with manual and it's JUNK but engine was powerful and nice. The clutch pedal was too high and made me lifted my knee to up to press it. Corvette's clutch pedal was perfect and easy for my knee and don't need to lift at all. Just your foot only. I noticed mostly Japanese vehicles are great with clutch pedal unlike most american vehicles.

My old coworker's friend bought G8 and drove around for half year then sold it and he hate it so much.

+1 I have never liked them, they are too unrefined in my opinion for the money they sell for, plenty of better options out there if you are after a sports car

What i would really love is for a few aussie designed cars like the falcon and commodore to actually be made in the us if possible or mexico (due to cost savings) and see just how they compete $ for $

Back