Do you wear a hearing aid?

student research

Reaction score
I'm paying $10 for you to answer 5 questions about your experience with your hearing aid and assistive devices.

Im a student of Audiologic Rehabilitaiton (Deaf Services) at a major state university program in Utah but I live in Los Angeles, California.

If you would be willing to participate, it would be nice if you could provide your first name and your age. I dont need any additional personal information. I do need participants who have hearing problems and use a hearing aid or are the parents of a deaf or hearing impaired child.

If you are answering remotely as in by text or email we can make some type of arrangements to compensate you for your time like a personal check, amazon gift card, itunes or something.

Thanks for your participation.

you need to post more than 10 posts in order to be able to send in private message.

Most of us wear hearing aid.

I have a hearing aid since I was a kid.

1. How long have you worn your hearing aids?
2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss?
3. How long do you wear your hearing aids each day?
4. Do you feel like you get benefit from your hearing aids?
5. What complaints do you have about your hearing aids?
6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do?
7. Did you get your hearing aids from an audiologist or a hearing aid dealer?

QUESTIONS FOR INTERVIEW WITH PEOPLE WHO WEAR COCHLEAR
IMPLANTS
1. When did you have the surgery to get your cochlear implant?
2. After you were implanted, how long did it take before you were able to see benefit
from the implant?
3. What situations are best for listening with your implant?
4. What situations are hardest for you when listening with your implant?
5. What complaints do you have about your cochlear implant?
6. Do you feel like your cochlear implant has lived up to what your audiologist and/or
surgeon told you it would do?
7. Do you think you do better with the implant as compared to when you had hearing
aids?

1. How long have you worn your hearing aids? A longggg time.
2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss? I never suspected.
3. How long do you wear your hearing aids each day? All day.
4. Do you feel like you get benefit from your hearing aids? Yes, when I felt my left ear stop benefiting, I didn't wear the left side anymore.
5. What complaints do you have about your hearing aids? None
6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do? Yes
7. Did you get your hearing aids from an audiologist or a hearing aid dealer? Audiologist

The bag of lollipops mentioned by Christine Neely costs $30 at Amazon, but $10 would be a start... :P

Back