Deaf "Pen pal"

Bonet101

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am Hearing, and I am currently in my second year of American Sign Language. I think your culture is beautiful and I think that learning sign language should be a key skill to know in life for a long list of reasons.

I couldn't hear very well when I was young, and after speech therapy, I could speak fine. I have a slight accent (people use to think I was from New York), and my hearing is not 100%.

I would love to meet Deaf people and learn more about their culture, as well as practice and talk with them in sign language.

Please let me know if you are looking for a Hearing pen pal/friend. :wave:

With not being able to hear well and having speech therapy for your accent, are you hearing or HOH? (hard of hearing)

I also had a bad accent when I was growing up, but over the years I turned it into more of a speech impediment. Made middle school kind of crappy.

I would assume I am Hearing. I just can't hear 100% perfectly. I prefer to sit in the front of the class because I can hear better, and when I use to take hearing tests, they would find my hearing to be normal. But sometimes, I hear muffled words/sentences when I am talking 1 on 1, or over a call or Skype, and I have to ask what they said. High School was a bit more difficult because some teachers have assigned seating, and I had to always ask them to put me in the front of the class. I understand that middle school would of been difficult for you.

Back