deaf baby hearing baby

ash345

Audist Free Zone
Premium Member
Reaction score
babycartoon.png

found this the other day...

I have seen that picture and it is just plain cruel when that happens. Hearing babies getting ASL while deaf babies dont. Just plain stupidity with how society works sometimes.

.. and???

Fuzzy

and its not ok... and it happens... there are quite a few of us who this happened to...

It happened to me, for one. I wasnt allowed exposure to ASL. I think you already knew that.

happened to me too...

a hearing baby is allowed to use ASL, but once they find out a baby is deaf, they take that option away, implant or focus on pure oral education...

The unfortunate thing about this comic... is that it portrays what STILL happens...

and its not ok... and it happens... there are quite a few of us who this happened to...

happened to me too...

a hearing baby is allowed to use ASL, but once they find out a baby is deaf, they take that option away, implant or focus on pure oral education...

The unfortunate thing about this comic... is that it portrays what STILL happens...

Audiofuzzy is all for oralism. She told me that I was denying myself by not getting a CI. yea...

Audiofuzzy is all for oralism. She told me that I was denying myself by not getting a CI. yea...

wow... :jaw:

I didn't realize that... I thought we were embracing ourselves... our natural language... and becoming whole in who we are without the need for surgery... I would never consider a CI for myself... I don't like surgery... and I am perfectly happy being Deaf now... I have no problem with adults who choose to the a CI... i just don't like being told that I have to... My parents told me a few months ago that I should seriously consider it... I told them the only way I would get a CI is if I was dead... they didn't like that much... but are at least starting to understand who I am as a person.

Well Shel... I don't think you are denying yourself :hug:

It happened to me, for one. I wasnt allowed exposure to ASL. I think you already knew that.

That happen to me, too. I was not allowed to sign ASL in the mainstream school. My parents did not understood me as a person. That is the way I am being deaf since birth. I was very unhappy and frustrated when I did not get the option to sign. It just made me get pissed off at the mainstream school. Yeah, I know that the hearing people get the option to sign whatever they like while the deaf people like the deaf babies have to suffered under this damn hearing society. :mad:

Audiofuzzy, you are an Audist when you don't know how we felt or feel about trying to understand in any public places.

STOP LYING SHEL !!!!!!!!!!

I never said oralism ONLY .

I am an advocate for using BOTH - ASL and oralism,
and don't you forget that, please,
EVER AGAIN - stop spreading lies and gossip about me, would ya??

Fuzzy

Fuzzy
Honestly that's a first I've seen you advocating for ASL. What prompted the change, I'm curious?

reazl

Fuzzy

That was the impression you have demonstrated in all those years.

I don't remember your being a big advocate or supporter for Deaf culture and ASL.

Well if you have always supported both, then my apologies for the misinterpretation.

However, I stand by what I said about you making comments about me not having the desire to get a CI..about how I was denying myself or something like that. It was in that thread where you got called Audistfuzzy or something like that.

Honestly that's a first I've seen you advocating for ASL. What prompted the change, I'm curious?

You and Shel, you need to re-learn to read written English, period,
go back and re- read all my earlier posts from ever since.

I was ALWAYS for both ASL and speech, period!

Only your HATE blinded you to common sense and reason.

Fuzzy

You and Shel, you need to re-learn to read written English, period,
go back and re- read all my earlier posts from ever since.

I was ALWAYS for both ASL and speech, period!

Only your HATE blinded you to common sense and reason.

Fuzzy

.......................right.

However, I stand by what I said about you making comments about me not having the desire to get a CI..about how I was denying myself or something like that.

Again, maybe if your dislike toward me weren't derailing you so much,
you'd clearly see, I was just saying a CI being just a TOOL
that would enable you to HEAR better, is all.

So, by denying yourself an opportunity to have CI you deny yourself an opportunity to hear better and perhaps improving your speech, too,
is all. no need to look beyond that.

It is not like I am saying you deny yourself being a better deaf person
or deny a better life- - it is NOT.
(however from PRACTICAL pov having or not CI this could be disputable, like simply choosing to wearing glasses or not -something like that)

I however accept and appreciate your apology and hope maybe our relationship CAN improve from here on?

I am certainly willing and hoping
:wave:

Fuzzy

.......................right.

Yes, right.

May I direct you toward my old posts where I made my stance on this very clear
many, many times in the past.

Thanks.

Fuzzy

Back