cons & pros about Soft Paw

What does that suppose to mean? Why is it has to be everyone's business to care weather or not cat owners declaws their cats, They are not your cats. If you don't want to declaws your cat then don't. If other cat owners decide to declaws their cats that makes it their business not yours or anyone else for all that matters.

Just my two cents. *throwing in two pennies*

Cheri, I know your thoughts and intentions are good-spirited, but think about it-- if you see an owner beating up his/her dog malicious (with a club or punching it in face) in public-- will you just walk by and ignore it just because that dog is not yours?
Just my two bits. (shrug)

(EDITED: Yes, I am saying declawing is a form of abuse as well. Why? Because it is a manipulation of their anatomy. Just like how humans in some countries sew female's vaginas shut-- that is abuse as well. People want to control cats by declawing. That's wrong. Just like how some people want to sew young women's vaginass shut to control their sexual habits. So again, yes I am saying declaw is abuse.)

Cheri, I know your thoughts and intentions are good-spirited, but think about it-- if you see an owner beating up his/her dog malicious (with a club or punching it in face) in public-- will you just walk by and ignore it just because that dog is not yours?
Just my two bits. (shrug)

Of course not I wouldn't even walk by and ignored it, it's different between having cats declaws and beating the crap out of pets. Declawing cats are put under anesthesia during surgery. Most cats don't even seem to notice that their claws are missing.

(EDITED: Yes, I am saying declawing is a form of abuse as well. Why? Because it is a manipulation of their anatomy. Just like how humans in some countries sew female's vaginas shut-- that is abuse as well. People want to control cats by declawing. That's wrong. Just like how some people want to sew young women's vaginass shut to control their sexual habits. So again, yes I am saying declaw is abuse.)

That's fine that you believe that declaws are form of abuse but I don't see it that way. I can understand why owners have their cats declawed because of their furnitures, avoiding scratching habits on children's arms. Why would they not even care about their furnitures, Nobody wants to live in a home where a couch or sofa being ripped from the cat's claws. No child would want a perm mark on their arm from scratches as well. I don't see why it is so wrongful to have the cat declaws, as long they're indoor pets. ;)

i grow up with cats whole of my life, i have one oldest cat who is already delclaw.. i understand his pain, needing claws, etc.. i did feel bad for taking him to the vet for decalw to make the landlord shut up and happy.

My option to have all cats to leave thier claw alone and it's thier defense, play with thier toys, able to catch what they want. for the claw to cover like you bring it up.. im afaird it can be hurt cat's claw in the some way. For the examble, most of cats don't like put tape on thier paw, they hate it so much. same with the claw to cover the claws.

Suggest you to get a stratch pad with cat nip.. Determite them really good firm... gentle with them.. it's works for me perfectly

That's fine that you believe that declaws are form of abuse but I don't see it that way. I can understand why owners have their cats declawed because of their furnitures, avoiding scratching habits on children's arms. Why would they not even care about their furnitures, Nobody wants to live in a home where a couch or sofa being ripped from the cat's claws. No child would want a perm mark on their arm from scratches as well. I don't see why it is so wrongful to have the cat declaws, as long they're indoor pets. ;)

What´s wrong to educate cats with scratching post or climbing post?

I had Kim´s claw to trim for a first time last week... she can´t scratch us. She realized that she is only one who get trim, not 3 cats. It´s time for her to learn to not scratch my hubby & 2 boys. The vet told me that it will take Kim while to realize that she should not scratch us if we keep on trim her claws. I am only one, she can´t scratch but love me and want me cuddle and hug her... :dunno: Kim love women... she purred when women come or female vet... if men... hissed... I guess it´s something do with abuse from men before I found her in the forest at 2 years ago... The vet think the same... She said that it will take her while to realize that we are not same what she had a bad experience before I found her. Keep trim her claws and patience until she is able to trust men...

What´s wrong to educate cats with scratching post or climbing post?

There is nothing wrong with that, I am not a cat owner, but if I ever have a cat I wouldn't declaw my cats, I would get those soft paws. But, I'm a dog owner and I do have my dog's nails trim every time he has a vet appt. :)

Yes, I'm agree that declaw belong form of abuse... because declaw is an amputation.

See this...

Have you see one of my links that there're higher poll against declaw in America.

A lady regret deeply her decision to declaw her cats. She wasn't realized that declaw is a form of amputation because she thought it's just remove...
See her story.
Should you declaw your cat

I dislike declaws peroid.. Let them enjoy protect their terriroy.
Felt so good scratching post... sound like *ahhhhh* strengthing.. sumth'n like that.. (chuckles) I lurv anyalist on my 4 furkids... My friend begged me, have one kitty.. I say ok... took tabby.. Happily new home.. I still seeing Tabby at my friend's place... She still playing and purrring loud sound alike vacumming.. LOL
I trust my friend who love taking care of Tabby.. I already miss her.. by the way still 4 furkids and 2 cats are live here.. plus 2 dogs..

finding lost cat

If your cat was indoor only cat hewill be hiding within a four house radius of your home. The cat may be under bushes, porch, stuck in a garage etc. He will not come out if any one calls scared. Best time to look is between 2 and 4 AM.! Take flashlight and shine under bushes, up in trees under porches, etc. and look for light to shine off of its eyes. Put a box with well smelly t shirt in box outside of door where cat escaped. If you put food out only do it during the day- bring it in at night. If you see cat but it run away from you- you may have to trap it. Indoor cats only have not marked territory and will stay in area for weeks, usually. Put signs up in neighborhood, put picture and check with local vets (sometimes people drop them off). If animal control will deal with cats (most don't) leave message with them to look for cat. check local animal shelter- actually look at cats they may put it up for adoption.

He must have ran out when my daughter left the back door open. It was 3 days ago. I have looked around the neighborhood for him but I couldn't find him. I have a feeling that someone may have found him and took him home with them. I wish I had a tag with my address on his collar. At least I am very glad that I didn't have him declawed.[/QUOTE]

If your cat was indoor only cat hewill be hiding within a four house radius of your home. The cat may be under bushes, porch, stuck in a garage etc. He will not come out if any one calls scared. Best time to look is between 2 and 4 AM.! Take flashlight and shine under bushes, up in trees under porches, etc. and look for light to shine off of its eyes. Put a box with well smelly t shirt in box outside of door where cat escaped. If you put food out only do it during the day- bring it in at night. If you see cat but it run away from you- you may have to trap it. Indoor cats only have not marked territory and will stay in area for weeks, usually. Put signs up in neighborhood, put picture and check with local vets (sometimes people drop them off). If animal control will deal with cats (most don't) leave message with them to look for cat. check local animal shelter- actually look at cats they may put it up for adoption.

He must have ran out when my daughter left the back door open. It was 3 days ago. I have looked around the neighborhood for him but I couldn't find him. I have a feeling that someone may have found him and took him home with them. I wish I had a tag with my address on his collar. At least I am very glad that I didn't have him declawed.

Unfortunately I still cannot find my cat :tears:
I have put up some posters of him in some places including the animal shelter. I think someone must have took him home and decided to keep him. Thank you for your advices though.

Yes, I'm agree that declaw belong form of abuse... because declaw is an amputation.

See this...

Have you see one of my links that there're higher poll against declaw in America.

A lady regret deeply her decision to declaw her cats. She wasn't realized that declaw is a form of amputation because she thought it's just remove...
See her story.
Should you declaw your cat

I just learned from a friend of mine that the city of West Hollywood in California has banned the declawings in 2003. I think it is the only city in USA that bans it.

What does that suppose to mean? Why is it has to be everyone's business to care weather or not cat owners declaws their cats, They are not your cats. If you don't want to declaws your cat then don't. If other cat owners decide to declaws their cats that makes it their business not yours or anyone else for all that matters.

Just my two cents. *throwing in two pennies*

whoa, why declaw a cat? seriously its for the owners convience not the cats- its their fingers, my cats are not declawed but I do support some cases when a cat is very mean as heck as one of my friends that kept stratching people ambushing guests it was embarassing for her to endure so she had to declaw the cat still does attack people but they're not bleeding as a result...

BUT HOWEVER IN MANY CASES.. it shouldn't happen

a friend of mine adopted a front declaw cat a couple of months ago and the cat somehow escaped as its supposed to be an indoor cat and the animal control called due to microchip and informed my friend that the cat was mauled to death by something in wildlife....

poor kitty

Back