Colors of Fall

Steinhauer

Reaction score
SANY0661.jpg

Is it me, or is that tree giving me the finger?

SANY0660.jpg

SANY0656-1.jpg

SANY0649.jpg

Enjoy! Post em if you got em :wave:

Mine were taken in Georgia. Locations were the Chattahoochee National Forest, Allatoona Etowah WMA Tract (near the Cherokee Nation Capitol)

SANY0680.jpg

OMG!! I don't know what to think, that's so cute! But...where the Hell was the mother when you took that shot and how did you get this picture?

Laura

here is the momma:

mommaandlittleones001.jpg

here is one of the cubs monkeying around:

mommaandlittleones010.jpg

How did you get those shots?? That's so awesome...and how did you get the shots with the mother close by? Were you in danger at any time? I'm would have loved to have taken photos like that but not where there's a chance I could bump into "Mom".....

Laura

How did you get those shots?? That's so awesome...and how did you get the shots with the mother close by? Were you in danger at any time? I'm would have loved to have taken photos like that but not where there's a chance I could bump into "Mom".....

Laura

These were not taken by me - they were sent to me. However, I have seen that same bear family (without my camera) because they live in a private gated community in Ellijay, Georgia. The wildlife in that community are very used to humans and are quite harmless. In fact, you will not get mauled over by Momma if you carry marshmallows.

Marshmallows = friend for life ;)

Plus, those are black bears, not grizzlies. Black bears are "generally" not aggressive - but yes, momma bear will kill you if she thinks you are a threat to her kids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Harry_Colebourne_and_Winnie.jpg

Compared to brown bear attacks, violent encounters with black bears rarely lead to serious injury. However, the majority of black bear attacks tend to be motivated by hunger rather than territoriality, and thus victims have a higher probability of surviving by fighting back rather than submitting. Unlike grizzlies, female black bears do not display the same level of protectiveness to their cubs, and seldom attack humans in their vicinity.[40]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_black_bear

Wow...that's amazing. I really envy where you live and I'd love to see this personally. What a shot! I've heard Black Bears are the pacifits of bears - but that's not to mean, take them home and treat them like a pet...they are not. God they're beautiful though. Thank you for sharing, those are really wonderful pictures.

Laura

That is nice look likes grizzy bear pretty sound look likes! last times Grizzy!

A few of mine, the last one was posted here before:

rtqik6.jpg

2j107ll.jpg

2cge9l3.jpg

Pretty fall foliage pictures. :)

I think I muttered something about needing firewood as I was passing by.

That will sure get you a finger from a tree! LOL! I know some cities and towns will let people made firewood from trees that have fallen down during a storm.

These were not taken by me - they were sent to me. However, I have seen that same bear family (without my camera) because they live in a private gated community in Ellijay, Georgia. The wildlife in that community are very used to humans and are quite harmless. In fact, you will not get mauled over by Momma if you carry marshmallows.

Marshmallows = friend for life ;)

Plus, those are black bears, not grizzlies. Black bears are "generally" not aggressive - but yes, momma bear will kill you if she thinks you are a threat to her kids.

File:Harry Colebourne and Winnie.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

American black bear - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was told by a wildlife expert is a very bad idea to feed wild animals as it made then have less fear of people and they could too bold and get too close to people homes and the poor animal end up getting shot. I was told the coyote could be getting feed by someone and that was why is was not frighten about getting right next to me. I reported this to the ACO and State wildlife agency and I was told if the coyote get near me again I need to call an environmental cop and they'll come out and shot the coyote

Back