Coach resign over nude pictures on facebook

sara1981

Reaction score
Coach Resigns After Naked Picture Appears On Facebook
Coach Resigns After Naked Picture Appears On Facebook - Portland News Story - WMTW Portland

SOUTH PARIS, Maine -- The Oxford Hills School District’s football coach resigned on Monday morning amid the uproar that was created when he accidentally posted a naked picture of himself on his Facebook page last week, according to Superintendent Rick Colpitts.

Colpitts confirms that the district has accepted Paul Withee’s resignation.
Withee had been working as the district’s football coach since last March and had been teaching math and science at the middle school since the beginning of this school year.

Colpitts says Withee meant to send the picture privately to his girlfriend but accidentally posted it publicly on Facebook last Tuesday.

The picture was online for about 10 minutes before Withee took it down, Colpitts said.

The incident was reported by the parent of a student who had seen the picture.
Colpitts says it is not against school policy for teachers to be friends with students on Facebook.

He says the school resource officer had been notified and the district had begun its own investigation, but Withee’s resignation means that the investigation is no longer necessary.

Paris Police Chief David Verrier says the department talked with the district attorney's office and decided not to press charges because this was an accident.

A man inside Withee's Norway home would not answer the door.

Tough lesson!...Lost his job and everybody knows what he looks like in the nude....

Yeah, but is losing his job justified since it was an accident?

Yeah, but is losing his job justified since it was an accident?

:giggle:....well...suppose you tried to send a "nude pix" of you to ur wife, and it went to FB instead?....Since he was a teacher, and had befriended some of his students on FB...they saw the pix also....quite an embarrassment to live down.....

Just think he was more too embarrassed to return to his job, so he resigned even tho' it was an accident....would I ever send any "nude pixs" of myself via the Internet?....No way.

:giggle:....well...suppose you tried to send a "nude pix" of you to ur wife, and it went to FB instead?....Since he was a teacher, and had befriended some of his students on FB...they saw the pix also....quite an embarrassment to live down.....

Just think he was more too embarrassed to return to his job, so he resigned even tho' it was an accident....would I ever send any "nude pixs" of myself via the Internet?....No way.

I guess he thought it was worth resigning than face his students. :lol:

I guess he thought it was worth resigning than face his students. :lol:

Well....:giggle:...all the "snickering" and laughing his students would do in class...probably even yelling...."take it off Teach!".....It would be very embarrassing, I'm sure....probably even getting propsitions too...some people can handle it.....some can't....Maybe he'll be allowed to come back "next year" when all this had died down and the laughter is stiffled....(and bet he will never send a pix of himself in the nude again)....

I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly don't have nude pictures of myself that could be, "mistakenly" uploaded to the internet.

Sorry, not buying it...

The picture was intended for his girlfriend?

Oh really?

The possibility does exist on accidentally uploading a wrong picture or to the wrong person or place.

The possibility does exist on accidentally uploading a wrong picture or to the wrong person or place.

I think I could say, with complete honesty, if my girlfriend asked for nude pictures of me over the internet I would say, "NO".

How hard is that???

I think I could say, with complete honesty, if my girlfriend asked for nude pictures of me over the internet I would say, "NO".

How hard is that???

That's fine. Like I said, people do upload pictures not meaning for the public eyes. Just a careless move.

I don't know how can he make an obvious mistake like that.

it's like driving to gas station and pouring gas into your windshield washer reservoir. oops! honest mistake!

That's fine. Like I said, people do upload pictures not meaning for the public eyes. Just a careless move.
He showed an extreme lack of good judgment in even taking such a picture much less uploading it any where.

He says the school resource officer had been notified and the district had begun its own investigation, but Withee’s resignation means that the investigation is no longer necessary.

hhhmmm how suspicious.... perhaps something unpleasant should stay buried, eh? :hmm:

Maybe his girlfriend's name is Facema or Fachtna and it's next to Facebook in his address book?

A new disease of 2012 is called "Attention".

A lot of people are trying to do stupid things to boost up the attention.

Back