CI and movies

evil_queen_lisa

Reaction score
Sat through a class today where the movie didn't have captions (and don't go getting mad for me; i knew it was not captioned and it is being transcribed).. anyway, just curious; people with CIs - how do you find your understanding of movies/tv without captions?
thanks,
*EQL*

I don't really watch movies without captions. I've grown up with captions so why shall I change my ways. LOL, if I did watch it without captions I would not understand much since I went to watch an unsubtitled films a few years ago.

I can watch movies without captions, just about but I end up concentrating so much on what's being said I miss a lot of it. With captions, it's just easier to watch.

In class though, the sound usually comes from a speaker or TV at the front and I would miss most of it unless I was directly infront of it. Loud TVs tend to increase the distortion and noise of the sound the in my experience.

It's your rights for them to provide the access for you.

CI user (18 months) still finds loud TV very disorted. Can understand some talking but find it hard to conterate for long period of time. I have electronic notetaker who sit next to me, she types up the transcript while i watch TV/Video.

I am hearing and I LOVE captions! We have them on all the time (and did long before Miss Kat joined us). It just makes understanding easier and if you miss a line (listening) you just read it.

Plus, on "The Simpsons" when they have a group of people muttering or talking over eachother, they caption jokes in there!

I must have closed captioned and hear the volume in same time. Because it will help me to understand what is people's talking and sound stuff. Without CI and CC are not able to understand me. I prefer CC with my CI to watch movies and tv show.

Back