Castlevania movie cancled

Steel X

Reaction score
I didnt even know there was a movie based on the Castlevania games coming until now. At least I think that's a good thing since it would actually save one of the most popular videogames from embarrassment turning this game into a pure shitty movie or whatever.

Most videogame based movies are utter shit, and you know that.

Still...only one videogame based movie I thought was still pretty good so far is the first Resident Evil. nothing else.

Castlevania Movie Cancelled: News from 1UP.com

I'm only hoping that the Gears of War movie seriously will NOT suck at all since it's going to be directed by the same guy who directed Die Hard, one of the best action packed movies ever made with the acclaimed actor Bruce Willis.

The game already has multiple storylines.

The same goes for The Legend of Zelda. If they made a movie, they could easily make up their own storyline.

The game already has multiple storylines.

The same goes for The Legend of Zelda. If they made a movie, they could easily make up their own storyline.

Hmmm...that is actually true.

Honestly, I never really played any Castlevania games before...so I wouldn't really know much abt it expect that I know they are very popular by Konami games.

Honestly, I never really played any Castlevania games before...so I wouldn't really know much abt it expect that I know they are very popular by Konami games.
I've played a few. There was one game where you don't even use Simon Belmont, the main character. Instead, you use a bunch of other characters that vary in weapons, strengths, and magic.

In fact, you could probably take any current vampire movie... and call it "Castlevania". Just be sure to include any excuse like "Hello, I am Bob. I became a vampire hunter because my brother's friend's cousin's mom's ex-husband was Simon Belmont and I came across his crucifix from when he was a vampire hunter. So, until I die... I am the new vampire hunter!" ;)

It would be awesome if ign.com could afford to make a movie. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKGehSw5ht8&feature=related"]Zelda[/ame]

I think the Zelda trailer was an April's Fool joke made by IGN. This movie is not happening. I don't think Zelda will be made for movie at all.

I personally enjoy the Castlevania series, and I got two cases. My opinion, they are good games who have a good storyline. :)

There will be a new castlevania game in the works by Kojima Productions for the PS3 coming 2010.

You can check it out at 1up.com

Back