Can "Love" exist at such a young age?

Love can exist at any age.. But I think when you're a teenager, you go through so many emotions, that Love will come and go. I mean that's why they call it puberty. I highly doubt anyone that young is really in love, most likely in love with the idea of being in love. ANd then you're in your 20's.. You're basically a teenager on alcohol/drugs. (no offense) We all know that our early 20's we want to do the partying/clubbing thing.. unless we aren't that type of person.
Since I'm still in my 20's.. I'll say this much.. I think the older you get, the more you look at the quality of the person as a lover, friend, soul mate, and who you want to spend the rest of your life with. Nobody really knows when they're teenagers and young 20somethings... it gets better as you get older. But that's just my opinion.

you have to be :crazy: to think you're in love when you're a teenager. because I've seen some teenagers think they were in love.. then all of a sudden.. they weren't. I've been through it. :fingersx:

thats not always the case with every teenager. i believe that if u find ur true love when ur a teenager than thats true love. i don't think you can put a age label on it

+ plus if u truly love someone than u just don't stop loving them
and as you get older you learn to love diff things about them also.

Jessica.. Read it again.. I said Love can happen at any age.. I just don't think people who are young really understand Love. That's my opinion.

I've been through love, i've been through a divorce, and quite a few loves. it's the hardest think to realize the relationship is not going anywhere and break it off.. I've had to do that a few times, and it hasn't been easy for me. But now, i've got the love of my life, and i'm happy with him. Happier than i've ever been.

so I believe you can find love, I just don't think you should assume that someone you love at 14, you will still love when you're 21. Becuase sometimes people want to expierence more out of life than staying in one relationship.

Jessica.. Read it again.. I said Love can happen at any age.. I just don't think people who are young really understand Love. That's my opinion.

I've been through love, i've been through a divorce, and quite a few loves. it's the hardest think to realize the relationship is not going anywhere and break it off.. I've had to do that a few times, and it hasn't been easy for me. But now, i've got the love of my life, and i'm happy with him. Happier than i've ever been.

so I believe you can find love, I just don't think you should assume that someone you love at 14, you will still love when you're 21. Becuase sometimes people want to expierence more out of life than staying in one relationship.

Speaking from my own personal experience, that is what happened to me. I fell in love with my ex hubby at 17 years old and he was 18. We got married when I was 21 years old but as we approached in our late 20s, we changed and just weren't the same people anymore and our interests were no longer compatible. We divorced and for 4 years, I played the dating game since I never got to experience that in high school or in my early 20s. I learned so much from dating and being on my own. It was a personal growth for me and I am so glad I had that chance because I feel more content about myself. I also was able to learn a lot about myself and what kind qualities in a man are important to me. Now, I am married to my 2nd husband and it just feels so different due to our age and maturity level.

Looking back, there was always something missing in my relationship with my ex before we got married but I was too young and niave to recognize the signs. It was all about "being so in love" rather than actually loving my ex for who he is. It was the same for him with me.

I see my ex from time to time cuz we share custody of our daughter and I look at him as a complete stranger. My life with him feels so unreal cuz I was a completely different person.

My opinion, I think young people should experience dating and find their true identity before settling down. Give yourself that experience and enjoy it cuz relationships and marriages are a LOT of work. I wish I didnt get into a serious relationship so early and get married at such a young age.

Let's see... there's my parents who married in 1952 and are still married to each other in 2006. Were people more old fashioned in those days? I think not.

Then there's my mother's cousin (both of my parents are only children so I have no aunts or uncles) who was my mother's childhood best friend. She married on the same day I think. I'll have to ask my mother next week when I see her. She got divorced when her hubby had an affair during a midlife crisis. She married again in a few years and she is still married to her second husband.

I see that many of my classmates or friends made bad decisions and are divorcing. Still others have decided to stay together thru thick and thin.

Speaking for me, I'm 40 and never married. I don't think I'm ready to settle down just yet. :D My little sister and I have never married. My brother and my big sister are still married to their first spouses.

I guess it all depends on what you value in marriage. Some marriages aren't meant to be stayed in. If spouse turns out to be a bad choice, by all means get out of the marriage especially if he's a sociopath. It's not worth it.

Recently a neighbor of mine was murdered by her ex hubby. Local news and cops sure were all over the place and the news only rated a paragraph in the front page of the local news.

I think it all has to do with the change in our culture. Back then marriage was serious. There were more proper role models. More people prayed. I think it all changed in the 60's where love, peace and druggies all began. That's my guess. Today, kids are so independent from their parents. Many young people prefer to party as long as they and do as much as they can before they will settle down, so that's what happens that young love appears rare nowaday. I think it still happens, but it depends on the individual's maturity, values and morals.

I don't think much early high school relationships last. I know from seeing girls in my grade with one boy one month or so than they are depressed because they got broken up with. Maybe it would last if it was love in Junior or Senior love.

I went through a time when I thought I "loved" someody. Now I don't think I really loved them. I think when there is a young relationship they really don't know what love is and my experience that I shared is an example of that teens won't really know what love is until they grow up.

I just thing that we have gotten to the point as Americans, and some cultures in other countries, have gotten to be in such of a hurry and want to complish a lot in a short time, they don't let a relationship to grow.

Back