Bugatti!!

Lexus has a supercar, too but it costs $350k. I have not seen one on the street yet. I saw Audi R8, very nice and under $190k.

Top Gear did a review of the Lexus LFA and again they said they sell it at a loss and only made the car to show what they are capable of. They're trying to change their image from a bland and boring car company to an exciting one. When they originally designed the car it was to use aluminum but after years of design they learned about carbon fiber and started all over. :eek3:

Yeah, I think Car companies shouting about making cars out of Ally is very old hat now ( I'm talking to YOU GM/Holden!!) Land-Rover were making their cars out of Ally just after WWII- although admittedly this was because steel was too expensive!
Carbon-fibre cars though... that can't be cheap surely?
A thumbs-up for the Acura/Honda NSX though, there's not many on the roads now, and they seem to go for silly money when they are for sale. I don't really think Honda marketed these properly in the first place - car coulda been a world-beater.

Top Gear did a review of the Lexus LFA and again they said they sell it at a loss and only made the car to show what they are capable of. They're trying to change their image from a bland and boring car company to an exciting one. When they originally designed the car it was to use aluminum but after years of design they learned about carbon fiber and started all over. :eek3:

get a second hand Lexus IS-F, Cheap Speed and 4 Door wonder
..and it looks better too

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

CrazyPaul said:

On the big opposite, Toyota MR2 and Acura NSX is poor man's Ferrari.
Viper and Corvette, too. Toyota MR2? No way!

Lexus has a supercar, too but it costs $350k. I have not seen one on the street yet. I saw Audi R8, very nice and under $190k.

Yes way, the Toyota MR-2 is pretty fast little car. There was one with a turbo 4 cylinder. Some MR-2 owners call them poor man's Ferrari due to mid engined design and rwd drive train. Remember the Pontiac Fiero, too?

....and you can put a MR-2 engine in a Elise...
THAT is a poorman's Ferrari!!

And can drop in a small block V8 in a MR-2. Someone tried a project with a radial engine in it Lol .

Yes way, the Toyota MR-2 is pretty fast little car. There was one with a turbo 4 cylinder. Some MR-2 owners call them poor man's Ferrari due to mid engined design and rwd drive train. Remember the Pontiac Fiero, too?
Talking about aftermarket, it doesn't count. Come on, man. Fiero? Out of the league!

Crazypaul, actually no, when a Elise is ordered...they have a list of options, seriously...you can go Rover 1.8L cyl, or Toyota, etc, and apparently a Toyota is popular, its better!!
i have no idea about that Pontiac...
The Elise might just be the car that offers more fun per pound than any other ever built. ‘Just add lightness,’ was Colin Chapman’s famous maxim, and that’s exactly what Lotus did with the Elise. Quite possibly the best-handling car ever made, the Elise redefines the term agility and also offers surprising economy. During four years of production, there was a bewildering array of Series 1 Elises – all of which are great to drive and are just as capable on a track around town.

Unless you’ve piloted a highly-focused driver’s car before, you’re guaranteed 
to have your socks blown off by the experience that the Elise offers. Thanks 
to its mid-mounted engine, the car is beautifully balanced, with its light steering verging on the telepathic. While most modern sportscars tend to have controls that are overdamped, the Elise 
is a tactile delight that connects the driver directly to the road.

There are several keys to the Elise’s astonishing abilities, but the most important one is the low weight. The 
core of the car is a chassis that consists of several aluminium extrusions, bonded and riveted together. The result of all this technology is a frame that weighs all of 70kg – and the whole vehicle is little more than 700kg as a result. That’s around 
35 per cent less than an MGF, a car with which the Elise shares the 1.8-litre 
K-series engine.

The whole point of this Lotus is the driving experience that it offers – try carrying people or luggage in the car and it will fall at the first hurdle. But there 
is only so much you can say about the driving experience, and no words will ever be a substitute for getting behind the wheel. That’s why you need to try one out before attempting to establish whether the car is for you or not.

There’s a downside to the raw excitement that the Elise offers though, and that’s a lack of comfort on long journeys. Compared with a Seven it’s a revelation, but unless your previous toy was a pre-war car you’re going to find this model noisy and pretty uncompromising.

if i had 15 grand spare (in NZ) id buy one RIGHT NOW...and just make sure Id have a small wagon for daily use and my dogs...

the Elise can do faster laps than a Ferrari V12 on track! why? its SOOO good handling, you can brake REALLY late (or none at all) and/or slam the pedal back on SOON in the corners while half-sliding...but its not out of control...i mean you're talking a small 1.6 /1.8/2.0 Litre 4 cly(turbo) against an almost 6LV12...
Ferraris and etc are so damn expensive it's probably also explains why, nervousness of driving an ultra-expensive sports car on the track...F1 drivers in their race machines are a different thing altogether, they are paid to drive to WIN races...expenses paid...

Last edited:
sorry i'd calm down...lol but to me, having an Elise on my driveway is better than having a Porsche or Ferrari...
except of course a Singer 911...

People modify their cars often, it does count. All cars behave differently on the track, anyhow. For example, a modified Supra is faster on the track than a Ferrari or a heavily modif;ied Honda is faster than a Lamborghini on the straightways. Way cheaper than buying a breakaway supercar. More fun per miles!

sorry i'd calm down...lol but to me, having an Elise on my driveway is better than having a Porsche or Ferrari...
except of course a Singer 911...

you sir has a good taste in car.

Elise.... me too :thumb:

Back