Bugatti!!

SneakerNet

Retired
Premium Member
Reaction score
The $3,000,000 car in Old Town Alexander, and in one pic, there's a man standing guarding the car....

Notice the license plate, look like from Saudi Arabia...

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 31
Here's a general idea of how much it costs to own a Bugatti Veyron.

The first $2,500,000 (MSRP for a Veyron) you send to Bugatti is just the beginning of a long list of bills you’ll rack up owning this exclusive supercar. Some owners peg yearly running costs at around $300,000 a year! So if you’re in the market for one of these, here are some facts to consider.

•$350,000 is the initial down payment according to Bugatti that you have to have in order to even consider buying one.

•$24,000 is what it costs to lease a Bugatti Veyron on a monthly basis. But there are a few caveats. You can only drive 2500 miles a year (technically 7 miles a day) and you can lease only for 5 years.

•$40,000 is what it's going to cost you just to deliver your Veyron to American shores. Yes, for the price of a 2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe, yours is just delivered.

•$2500 is the average monthly insurance that owner report on there Bugatti Veyron's

•$140 is the average price for a fillup of gas in America. City gas mileage is 8 and highway isn’t much better at 13. The 1001 horsepower 16.4 liter engine is a thirsty beast and with gas hovering around $5 a gallon and your 26.4 gallon fuel tank, fill ups alone are around $140.

•And upon delivery, there are certain maintenance items you are required by ownership under contract to do which includes a routine maintenance of $20,000, detailing services around $10,000, a wheel and tire replacement every 10,000 miles with a price tag of $50,000 for a set of tires.

Now that $300,000 yearly maintenance comes into perspective. But if you're considering buying a Bugatti Veyron in the first place, money doesn't really seem like such a problem anyway.

The cost to own a Bugatti Veyron - Fresno Car Buying | Examiner.com

I saw a documentary on the building of the car. One thing I'm surprised by is the effort it took just to build the spoiler. They had to get state of the art electronics and thousands of hours just to get the spoiler to work well not only for high speed stability but air braking as well.

Plus they had to redesign the gas tank since it consumes so much gas so quickly that a conventional gas tank design wouldn't keep up.

Amazing technology indeed!

The $3,000,000 car in Old Town Alexander, and in one pic, there's a man standing guarding the car....

Notice the license plate, look like from Saudi Arabia...

oh god..... these people just.... have too much money....

oh god..... these people just.... have too much money....

Yes... but for me...first time standing 5 feet away from 3 MIL! Car!! I just created a puddle under my shoes...my drools!!

yeah, its typical not just for Bugatti, other famous super/sports cars like Lamborghinis, Ferraris, high end Porsches, even Mercs and Jags even a McLaren are similar...just Bugatti is a notch up since its not really a 'car' its a 'freak-car' practically a 2xlambo with the ugly 1930's looks to it, just for brags
Personally, i'd say if you want to own a $500,000 Lambo you'd have to have at least another 5 (if 5 mill you'd be have to be extra bloody careful!!) or 10 mill in the bank just to be able to afford to keep it, (and repairs)...you could may well say that Buguttis is a Billionaire's car, not a millionaire's car....

Yes... but for me...first time standing 5 feet away from 3 MIL! Car!! I just created a puddle under my shoes...my drools!!

so, who was the guard? the black guy or the first one with the ciggie?

so. even at 8L...its basically 2x 4L V8's joined together at the end of the cranks,but oddly it only have ONE crankshaft...not 2 joined by a jackshaft

I think the only reason this car exists is to tell people what the Engineers and Designers at Volkswagen are capable of building - urban legends states that VW actually lose money on every one they build.
Thinking about it, 1000bhp out of an engine like that isn't a big deal. Japanese tuning firms were getting those kind of figures out of their Nissan Skylines 20 years ago... and even the Aussie Walkinshaw-Holden Commodore V8's get 570+ bhp - and that's out of a car that you probably wouldn't look twice at!

Although having said that, it just shows you what we can do with the technology available.

I think the only reason this car exists is to tell people what the Engineers and Designers at Volkswagen are capable of building - urban legends states that VW actually lose money on every one they build.
Thinking about it, 1000bhp out of an engine like that isn't a big deal. Japanese tuning firms were getting those kind of figures out of their Nissan Skylines 20 years ago... and even the Aussie Walkinshaw-Holden Commodore V8's get 400+ bhp.

I agree...as for me I'd liken to rip out a motor from a Toyota Imperial, have turbos added, and tune it and then hide it in 'plain' Skyline R33 big wheels but not with much spoilers or wheel arches to suggest anything but

or hide a Mazda 13B (even stock will do) and hide it in a Fiat Bambina LOL that's actually is my dream car, to KILL other people's dreams LOL

just kidding, as a student, I have NO money to get any of those...

Porsche lost money on every 959 they sold and they only made it to show what they can do.

I was at a rehab hospital for head pain and a Princess was there at the same time , she had a whole floor for herself and the hospital had to buy a new couch for her . So I told the nurses I was Princess Anastasia and that had family from Russia but they did not buy that. Rats!

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Way too much money to buy and operate a supercar. That's clearly a billionaire's car.

On the big opposite, Toyota MR2 and Acura NSX is poor man's Ferrari.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

On the big opposite, Toyota MR2 and Acura NSX is poor man's Ferrari.
Viper and Corvette, too. Toyota MR2? No way!

Lexus has a supercar, too but it costs $350k. I have not seen one on the street yet. I saw Audi R8, very nice and under $190k.

Back