Bee sting

jazzy

Reaction score
Have ur pet ever got bee sting? Well our puppy got bee sting last weekend and she got bad recation to it after 15 minute. Took her to vet and got shots. Never had this problem with older dogs but did not know young puppies do not do well with it.

No, my dogs never got stung by bees (that I know of). One Lab bit a porcupine and got a muzzle full of quills, and he also got bit by a water moccasin, right between the eyes, but no bees.

Did your puppy have a full allergic reaction to the sting, or just redness and swelling?

I have a 13 years old Pug named Emilie. Other night she must have been bitten by something outside (spider, ant,bee, etc.) b/c her poor little wrinkly face was so swollen...first her eyes and the couldn't see and they got all red and runny, then her nose then her mouth and gums. I called the emergency vet center and they told me to give her 12.5 mg children's benadryl every 4 hours-her medicine was given @ 12:30am and by 4:30am most of the swelling had gone done. Even better, by 7 am she was almost compltely better (a little puffy, but nothing close to what she looked like before). Scary, but baby Benadryl was awesome-keep it inhome at all times!Thanks to vet!

I have a 13 years old Pug named Emilie. Other night she must have been bitten by something outside (spider, ant,bee, etc.) b/c her poor little wrinkly face was so swollen...first her eyes and the couldn't see and they got all red and runny, then her nose then her mouth and gums. I called the emergency vet center and they told me to give her 12.5 mg children's benadryl every 4 hours-her medicine was given @ 12:30am and by 4:30am most of the swelling had gone done. Even better, by 7 am she was almost compltely better (a little puffy, but nothing close to what she looked like before). Scary, but baby Benadryl was awesome-keep it inhome at all times!Thanks to vet!
Oh, poor thing! Doggies with short muzzles have an extra hard time breathing when they have reactions. I'm glad your vet had an easy solution.

We used to have a Shih-Tzu, so I understand about small flat-face dogs (snort, snort). :)

No, my dogs never got stung by bees (that I know of). One Lab bit a porcupine and got a muzzle full of quills, and he also got bit by a water moccasin, right between the eyes, but no bees.

Did your puppy have a full allergic reaction to the sting, or just redness and swelling?

My puppy was having full allergic reaction to the sting. She was expereinced dirreah and threw up couple of time then started to have breath problem. Her half face was swollen. Vet said it is normal for that young.

We had older dogs used to eat bees without got stings.

Interest about your dogs, different area than here. Cool. :) We do not have porcupine nor water moccasin. But we are keeping eye on rattle snakes, scorpius and black widow around here.

Yes thank to vet. I asked my future daughter in law who was training in vet but she quit after she watched a dog brought in with full of worms in dog's eyes (his owner neglect this dog so animal control took him and brought to the vet) and she got sick after that. Anyway she told me about children benadryl but she said our puppy is little too young for this kind of medicine and not sure how much she should take children benadryl. We called vet and they told us to bring in because of dirreah which was not good sign. I am glad ur dog is allright and me too. It scared us to death.

My puppy was having full allergic reaction to the sting. She was expereinced dirreah and threw up couple of time then started to have breath problem. Her half face was swollen. Vet said it is normal for that young.

We had older dogs used to eat bees without got stings.

Interest about your dogs, different area than here. Cool. :) We do not have porcupine nor water moccasin. But we are keeping eye on rattle snakes, scorpius and black widow around here.
Oh, your poor puppy! :eek3:

My Lab was stupid. He picked up everything with his mouth, and ignored the pain. He caught several venomous snakes in our yard.

The porcupine incident happened while we were staying in Wisconsin.

Poor your baby! I hope she is allright...my dog caught and ate bees several times and now Tinkerbell is following her mama's foot steps! :eek3: I had to laugh at them! Too funny to watch them what they are doing and up to something. Other than that I kept my eye so close on them and make sure they get no allergy reaction. Whew none!

I learned from Vet, if your dog get a car sick during a long trip, give a children Benadryl too! I used the tabs one (not liquid) cuz it is easier to give my dog one and she'll chew it off. (yes she liked them!) So it worked for her during a long trip when she was a puppy. Now I guess she is already used to it. :thumb:

Well it's not about the dog.. But I eventually want to tell an unusual story about long time ago when I was teenage as 18 years old. I have owned a horse and board at a "Rough board" so there younger girl was 16 years old and own a horse too so She rode her horse left the barn to trail. So I was put my horse turn out at the paddock while I was cleaning the stall. I was bucking a shovel the manure at my horse's stall so I looked up why their bees around inside my horse's stall I am also puzzling :hmm: then turn a look at the hallway of stalls and their a girl screaming at me :eek2: and bees was all over on her! :Ohno: I was so shock and told her wait and get the owner of Barn .. So :run: I was running to the home and loudly bangs on the door and owner immediate open the door and said, what s matter i told that girl got stings with several bees so he and i saw that girl run out of the barn. So the owner runs and grab the hose and run on the water and hosing on her while he yelled at his wife to calling 911. then Fire Dept. and police Dept Was there and took her to ambulance :( I was bawling and helpless watch them! So Her horse was missing till next day then her horse return to the barn with lots of stings.. So then She explained that her horse step into a bee hives inside the field! :shock:

The girl and horse are okay but had to lot of stings! :(:(

GOSH! Your lab was sure so TOUGH dog! LOL!

You could use the Meat Tenderizer Seasoned (powder). Put small amount of powder on your hand with a few drops of water on it. Mix them. Put it on your area where the bee stung. This will relieve the pain. I am not sure about the dog. You could try it. I believe that it should not harm your dog.

i.e. McCormick - Product Detail - Meat Tenderizer Seasoned

Our beagle used to eat bees and dig them out of the ground, it seems to be a unique beagle thing. This is the first beagle we've had that did this though, but she never got stung, she dines on bugs from morning to night!
Hate it!

My uncle's dog long ago got stung, he was a cocker spaniel and he headed right into the bushes and made himself a paste of mud with water, and he seemed okay after that. My uncle just thought that as dogs they naturally know sometimes what to do in these situations. ??
The dog probably saw another dog do that in a park!, I'am sure!

Our beagle used to eat bees and dig them out of the ground, it seems to be a unique beagle thing. This is the first beagle we've had that did this though, but she never got stung, she dines on bugs from morning to night!
Hate it!

My uncle's dog long ago got stung, he was a cocker spaniel and he headed right into the bushes and made himself a paste of mud with water, and he seemed okay after that. My uncle just thought that as dogs they naturally know sometimes what to do in these situations. ??
The dog probably saw another dog do that in a park!, I'am sure!

Wow! That's unbelievable!

Well it's not about the dog.. But I eventually want to tell an unusual story about long time ago when I was teenage as 18 years old. I have owned a horse and board at a "Rough board" so there younger girl was 16 years old and own a horse too so She rode her horse left the barn to trail. So I was put my horse turn out at the paddock while I was cleaning the stall. I was bucking a shovel the manure at my horse's stall so I looked up why their bees around inside my horse's stall I am also puzzling :hmm: then turn a look at the hallway of stalls and their a girl screaming at me :eek2: and bees was all over on her! :Ohno: I was so shock and told her wait and get the owner of Barn .. So :run: I was running to the home and loudly bangs on the door and owner immediate open the door and said, what s matter i told that girl got stings with several bees so he and i saw that girl run out of the barn. So the owner runs and grab the hose and run on the water and hosing on her while he yelled at his wife to calling 911. then Fire Dept. and police Dept Was there and took her to ambulance :( I was bawling and helpless watch them! So Her horse was missing till next day then her horse return to the barn with lots of stings.. So then She explained that her horse step into a bee hives inside the field! :shock:

Wow that was so awful. I am glad that this girl and horse are okay.

Thank god they are allright. I could not image to be stung alot by bees at the same time. Thanks for sharing it with us here. :)

You could use the Meat Tenderizer Seasoned (powder). Put small amount of powder on your hand with a few drops of water on it. Mix them. Put it on your area where the bee stung. This will relieve the pain. I am not sure about the dog. You could try it. I believe that it should not harm your dog.

i.e. McCormick - Product Detail - Meat Tenderizer Seasoned
Will it work inside her mouth? She tried to ate it and it stung inside of her cheek. I am sure she would love to eat meat tenderizer seasoned. I will try next time, thanks.

I remember I was stung by a bee while on the road, my then boyfriend who smoke (wish he never smoke but ) he got cig out and spit on it then put on where bee sting was. It worked and got rid of pain and swelling.

wow, interesting.. I had cats for long 21 years and never experience like this... until your thread here for a first time... wow...

Will it work inside her mouth? She tried to ate it and it stung inside of her cheek. I am sure she would love to eat meat tenderizer seasoned. I will try next time, thanks.

I remember I was stung by a bee while on the road, my then boyfriend who smoke (wish he never smoke but ) he got cig out and spit on it then put on where bee sting was. It worked and got rid of pain and swelling.

Oh gee. I don't have the info about bee stung in the mouth. I hope it works. Poor dog. (The meat tenderizer with drops of water (mix) will work on the skin.)

Wow, the smoking spit. That's really gross - but interesting. I'm not smoker.

i dont like BEES!

but im sure i had little sting on my legs

Back