Ban excerise only in California.

PowerON

Reaction score
how ridiculous that law is

[yt]9fK5WJCwdkQ[/yt]

This law need be struck down by court.

Stupid law = taxpayers money at waste!

America meant to be freedom, where is freedom to have good health down here in Santa Monica?

well it's understandable.... I think... but very silly. This is a "ritzy" area. I suppose the people (upper class) don't like seeing such thing in their neighborhood because it looks like some beggars. they'd think - "hey jerk.... that's what GYM is for! use it!"

:roll:

I guess they don't want people staying fit. Its a ridulous law indeed:roll:

no no - I believe they just don't want to see people doing exercise on lawns because it's probably "unsightly view." It's what gyms are for.

I am :deaf: so I dont get what people are saying to each other.

But I think people are prohibit from doing stretching or laying down do nothing, they must either running or walking whatever.

I am :deaf: so I dont get what people are saying to each other.

But I think people are prohibit from doing stretching or laying down do nothing, they must either running or walking whatever.

me either... i dunno what they're saying but it's what I think. You can see the neighborhood. it looks like a "million-dollars" town so it's "unsightly view" to see people stretching or stuff on the lawn. running/walking is a "fad" but stretching on lawn is "uncool"

these goddamn rich people.... :roll:

no no - I believe they just don't want to see people doing exercise on lawns because it's probably "unsightly view." It's what gyms are for.

It could be other reason, they don't want to run the beautiful lawn. wtf

Yes, I know what you mean. In that area it seems very nice to be outdoors and exercise. I have seen folks walking, jogging, running etc.. in the community where its allowed. Santa Monica is very nice city near the beach and rich area in some parts.

If they want to protect the strip from homeless people, then why don't they arrest the homeless people rather than people doing exercises? The video looks staged anyway.

If they want to protect the strip from homeless people, then why don't they arrest the homeless people rather than people doing exercises? The video looks staged anyway.

well do you see any homeless bums in there?

Some elder owners would rather to see someone walking on the sidewalk or on the public lawn because they have nothing to do at home. It doesn't matter how rich they are. There must be someone is extremely rich, and perhaps a filth rich lawyer wants to get rid of the people in his/her area.

Or, a cranky neighbor called a police several times seeing someone there. Whatever he/she plans to make another police call if she/he sees a deer eating on the grass. Then, the policy has to be removed immediately.

No no the title is wrong!

read this!

Santa Monica police are cracking down on sit-ups in public places - Gadling | travel blog | news, stories, deals, and tips. Go there.

The ban is only for staying in one place exercises--and only on grassy medians. Being that folks in Santa Monica are such exercise hounds, residents who live around traffic medians where these calisthenic lovers congregate finally became sick and tired of the commotion and complained.

Where the Traffic Median Is a No-Pilates Zone

well do you see any homeless bums in there?

No, but I have to say that the grass and treeline looks like it could make a comfortable place to live..:)

If I were a cop, I wouldn't bother enforcing the law... And if I were a judge, I'd throw the case out of court... The thought of standing before the judge on charges for doing push-ups on the grass is amusing...

If those rich people don't want homeless people living in their street, then they're living in a poor suburb and should look elsewhere to live.

I don't think it's a stupid law. It's there for the purpose of keeping people out of the way for joggers and walkers. :)

When a new law or policy is enforced then someone is going to have a hissy fit over it. In this case it is the people who are excercising. These rich residents need to sit back and realize that not everyone can afford a gym membership and there are a few folks that simply prefer to run in the elements than in a climate controlled gym where the challenges are few and often become 'routine' IE no longer challenging and boring.

To give you a good idea of what Santa Monica is like here's the following by Savage Garden:
SANTA MONICA
(Verse 1)

In Santa Monica,in the wintertime,
the lazy streets so undemanding I walk into the crowd
In Santa Monica, you get your coffee from the coolest places on the promenade
Where people dress just so Beauty so unavoidable, everywhere you turn it's there.
I sit and wonder what am I doing here?

(Chorus)

But on the telephone line I am anyone, I am anything I want to be.
I could be a super model or Norman Mailer
And you wouldn't know the difference Or would you?

(Verse 2)

In Santa Monica, all the people got modern names like Jake or Mandy
And modern bodies too
In Santa Monica, on the boulevard, you'll have to dodge those in-line skaters
Or they'll knock you down
I never felt so lonely Never felt so out of place
I never wanted something more than this

(Chorus)

But on the telephone line I am anyone, I am anything I want to be
I could be a super model or Norman Mailer
And you wouldn't know the difference
On the telephone line I am any height, I am any age I want to be
I could be a caped crusader, or space invader
And you wouldn't know the difference Or would you?

Back