Baby Birdie

sonocativo

Reaction score
This is hopping around in front, thought Id snap a few.

Attachments

• bb1.jpg
    bb1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 22
  • bb2.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 22
Poor baby ! It's looking for food , can you put it back in the nest or call a wildlife person to help the poor baby ? I hope the mother is still around. I would put it in a box and try to feed it some bugs with a tweeze until you can get some help for it.

Poor baby ! It's looking for food , can you put it back in the nest or call a wildlife person to help the poor baby ? I hope the mother is still around. I would put it in a box and try to feed it some bugs with a tweeze until you can get some help for it.
Cant find the nest, not in our tree or bushes anyways, its about to fly, can for short distances. I think it will be just fine. Momma not around or she would have had my ass handed to me already...lol

Why not give it a worm (earth worm)...hopefully there are no Cats around....

there's article about dealing with baby bird..

There are two types of baby birds you’re likely to encounter on the ground: nestlings and fledglings. Nestlings are featherless or fuzzy and are too young to leave the nest. Fledglings have their feathers and are old enough to leave the nest and be on the ground, making their first bold steps away from home under the watchful eye of mom and dad.

Fledglings you should leave alone. They’ll usually sit around for a few days outside the nest before their flight skills develop enough that they don’t need their parents. If you’ve got a fledgling near your home and are worried about predators, ask your neighbors to keep their cats inside. Hawks? Well, that’s just the circle of life.

Cant find the nest, not in our tree or bushes anyways, its about to fly, can for short distances. I think it will be just fine. Momma not around or she would have had my ass handed to me already...lol

The poor bird is not going to made it on it on , isn't there any place you can call to get it help? A vet office may be able to tell you who to call.

The wild will take care of it, just leave it alone because once any human being touch it, their parents will abandon them immediately. Parents have damn keen smell and can smell if somebody touches it so leave it alone is best.

In other word if human attempt save that bird, their chance of survival will plummet. That is why it is best just leave it alone if they die, shit happens.

The poor bird is not going to made it on it on , isn't there any place you can call to get it help? A vet office may be able to tell you who to call.

Exactly... so, I take the stepson out to mow the lawn ( cracking the whip on his ass now, instead of wasting his life on video games...he hate it, I love it)
Anyways he disappeard back to his dungeon and had to drag his ass back out, he comes up with some excuses, like Momma bird was attacking him???? Well, I proved him wrong and again Slave drove the boy to learn lifes lessons on helping around the house to feed his mouth.
Baby bird I think is more of a man than He is, I said who's more scared you or that tiny bird? Quit crying like a damn baby and mow....lol well heres some proof, baby bird wasn't afraid of me, him or the mower.

Attachments

• walla 012.jpg
    walla 012.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 18
  • walla 014.jpg
    walla 014.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 18
  • walla 017.jpg
    walla 017.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 17
  • walla 019.jpg
    walla 019.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 19
Exactly... so, I take the stepson out to mow the lawn ( cracking the whip on his ass now, instead of wasting his life on video games...he hate it, I love it)
Anyways he disappeard back to his dungeon and had to drag his ass back out, he comes up with some excuses, like Momma bird was attacking him???? Well, I proved him wrong and again Slave drove the boy to learn lifes lessons on helping around the house to feed his mouth.
Baby bird I think is more of a man than He is, I said who's more scared you or that tiny bird? Quit crying like a damn baby and mow....lol well heres some proof, baby bird wasn't afraid of me, him or the mower.

It looks like some kind of hawk , do you know what kind of bird it is?

I know it's not good to touch a wild baby animal , that the mother would abandon it. I thinking the mother may be dead and I hate seeing any living thing stuffer .

Last edited:
"It is a myth that mother birds kill their young if humans touch them. Birds have a very poor sense of smell and cannot distinguish a human smell. Also, mother birds have a very strong protective instinct, so they will not abandon a baby simply because a human touched it. Wildlife volunteers handle baby birds all the time without incident."

Read more: Do mother birds kill baby birds if handled by humans? | Answerbag Do mother birds kill baby birds if handled by humans? | Answerbag

Looks like a robin fledgling to me.
when I was volunteering with wildlife rehab, what Reba wrote was what I learned-

"It is a myth that mother birds kill their young if humans touch them. Birds have a very poor sense of smell and cannot distinguish a human smell. Also, mother birds have a very strong protective instinct, so they will not abandon a baby simply because a human touched it. Wildlife volunteers handle baby birds all the time without incident."

Read more: Do mother birds kill baby birds if handled by humans? | Answerbag Do mother birds kill baby birds if handled by humans? | Answerbag

When I drove to Canada with my ex husband , we wanted to see some wild
seals and had to stop at gate and the wildlife ranger warn us NOT to touch the baby seals as the mothers will smell the human sense and abandon her babies.

When I drove to Canada with my ex husband , we wanted to see some wild
seals and had to stop at gate and the wildlife ranger warn us NOT to touch the baby seals as the mothers will smell the human sense and abandon her babies.
A seal is not a bird, so different behaviors for different critters.

Momma bird was around, she sat on the roof watching the baby. The baby is now flying up onto fence and into bushes so its doing great on its own so far. Probly in next couple days he will be gone.

Momma bird was around, she sat on the roof watching the baby. The baby is now flying up onto fence and into bushes so its doing great on its own so far. Probly in next couple days he will be gone.

Fly....Baby....Fly!

That is good news. I think the babies bird have left my deck as I am not find as bird poop all over my deck and table and chairs.

That's good news! Can you now tell what kind of bird it is?

Back