Artichokes

Sunshine1

Reaction score
Boyeee ... I miss artichokes so much and too long. It's not easy to find it in grocery store or else. Someone told me it's depend on its season. Hmmm anyone know when the season that artichoke will be in grocery stores?

OH YUMMMMMMM! I think spring time they have it. I LOVE them!! My DHB don't like it. I told him it is GOOD FOR YOU! He said I don't care! RME! LOL!

OH YUMMMMMMM! I think spring time they have it. I LOVE them!! My DHB don't like it. I told him it is GOOD FOR YOU! He said I don't care! RME! LOL!

Yessss Yummy!!! Yea I thought so it would be spring time cuz I brought a couple medium artichokes here last spring. Then went back to buy more ... it has none there. Oh well ....I usually cook steamed artichokes. Yummy in my mouth. Woof woof. haha

Hi
yes ... order few times... its BEST!!!!!!!! It's so healthily green.. taste better too :)

Hi
yes ... order few times... its BEST!!!!!!!! It's so healthily green.. taste better too :)

I'm sure it's so healthy veggies because of where it directs from. I'm living by myself here. I'm not sure how long to keep artichokes till it's spoiled. Any tips I can do about extra to save?

I found it on website.. so I copy and Here.. Hope its help! ;)

Artichoke Storage: Store fresh artichokes unwashed in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to a week. It's best to use fresh artichokes on the day of purchase. Cooked leftovers can be refrigerated up to four days. To freeze whole cooked artichokes for later use, drain completely, wrap tightly in foil and pack in plastic freezer bags or other airtight container for 6 to 8 months.

I found it on website.. so I copy and Here.. Hope its help! ;)

Artichoke Storage: Store fresh artichokes unwashed in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to a week. It's best to use fresh artichokes on the day of purchase. Cooked leftovers can be refrigerated up to four days. To freeze whole cooked artichokes for later use, drain completely, wrap tightly in foil and pack in plastic freezer bags or other airtight container for 6 to 8 months.

Thank you so much for information I need. I appreciated.

What can you cook with water boil or what? do have to peel the skin? or just put in pot with stream?

I boil mine. How can you tell it is ready? Pull the leave, if it is hard to pull, not ready, soft to pull, it is ready.

I dip mine in mayo. Some dip in melted butter, and other I am not sure.

YUMMIE! Now you make me want some! :giggle:
What can you cook with water boil or what?

I boil mine. How can you tell it is ready? Pull the leave, if it is hard to pull, not ready, soft to pull, it is ready.

I dip mine in mayo. Some dip in melted butter, and other I am not sure.

YUMMIE! Now you make me want some! :giggle:

Yes that's correct when the leaf is easily pulled then it's READY!!! For dip, I add lemon into mayo is my favorite to taste.

I should add some lemon for better taste. What a great idea! I will do that when I get artichoke. :)

Yes that's correct when the leaf is easily pulled then it's READY!!! For dip, I add lemon into mayo is my favorite to taste.

Boyeee ... I miss artichokes so much and too long. It's not easy to find it in grocery store or else. Someone told me it's depend on its season. Hmmm anyone know when the season that artichoke will be in grocery stores?

I talked with my mom abt her job at food store, Giant (PA's food store name), she works salad bar artist and she makes artichokes sometime... Go there and get some? Haha...

OoO Artichoke -- I love it to death ! :lol: I am usin' it for my tacos ( chicken ) with other veggies. I use artichoke cans. I also use raw artichoke to peel after cookin' ( more softer this way ) and, then dip it in butter. :drool:

And, also it can be use for salad, too. Yum ! :D

Back