Are you the only...

I am the only deaf person in my family.

In reply to Alicia and "overthepond", I think that I have mentioned in at least one post that while my work does involve a paging company, that we do come into contact with people who are using Britain's national relay service for deaf people, which is called Typetalk. Therefore, I do not see it as a problem that I ask you questions about your hearing aids etc. The people who use Typetalk use sign language, and because all of the work is over the phone, the deaf calers will ring up Typetalk with the pager number, Typetalk will contact the company I work for and then ask the deaf / hard of hearing caller for their message which I then type on a keyboard then it goes to somebody's (either deaf or hearing, we don't know which) pager. I really don't see a problem about me asking you some questions that in a roundabout way have connections with the job I have. If you think I am asking the wrong questions, you don't have to answer them!

I am just curious, what do any of these things have to do with a pager company? Yes I see your explination about the TTY company but if anything that is far more relevant to Deaf culture, and the TTY/technologies board. Some of your questions are just very random and intrusive.

member of your family who wears hearing aids or cochlear implant(s)? .........

Lotte is the only one in the family born deaf. (Including extended family..)

Her grandmother nowadays uses HA's. We insisted after we noticed she started hearing less and less. Did miricles for her. She no longer tired after a busy days because she doesn't have to focus so much to hear conversations..

Btw, Lotte can hear better with her CI than my mother-in-law with her HA's.. Who knows, perhaps Lotte's grandma will follow Lotte's example..!!!

Back