Anyone have or had an weird/exotic pet?

For some reason some messegs did not apper on my cell hpone but did on my laptop. My turtles have a little pond and like to go walkng around the backyard. They sometimes go ask for food at the door. I do want more pets....

I have a terrible mouth. Though I'm typically voice off outside of work.... I can admit to stubbing my toe really hard and yelling / signing some very nasty words... :laugh2:

You need a monkey to learn the bad signs then :)

At least if I had an animal able to sign or say curse words it would be in spanish

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cSYiy8nCrFo[/ame] someone's cat forgot to floos his teeth...

Probably not exotic, when I was a kid I trapped fireflies in a mason jar and viewed the lighting effects in my room til I fell asleep. I then released them the following morning.

I had a really small turtle when I was a child. They were a fad then. He lived in a little plastic turtle habitat with his own fake plastic palm tree.

I also had a pet rock once. But they all died :(

800px-Pet_rock.jpg

Maybe I should have had a taxidermist stuff them?

I remember when that came out and I could not believe people actually brought them.

Probably not exotic, when I was a kid I trapped fireflies in a mason jar and viewed the lighting effects in my room til I fell asleep. I then released them the following morning.

Awww, Jess set them free like a good child. :D

My brother used to catch them and smash them to rub them on his face so he'd glow... :ugh: Pretty cruel and disgusting at the same time.

Yeah really Dreamer I wonder did they glow too..

My exotic pet is a lovable invisible dog named Fred. She is in trouble sometimes but mostly is just being my doggie friend. I so often travelled by air into work places in Bush Alaska I did not want to have a real dog and am also allergic to them so I made do. Dogs love me and I love them. I like to put out little morsels for the neighborhood creatures. The moose love my place. I do not burn the branches of trees I cut right away and the moose really love birch branches. I have a cow moose and her calf in my woodlot right now laying low in the day time eating branch piles by the driveway at night.
I have even maximized spawning and feeding habitat out in creek for the salmon and trout. I cut away the cover for the ducks on my place cause I cannot stand the death rate when they nest around here.

The eagle and osprey were awful this year because of the late spring. The ducks migrated back and there was no cover for them - the leaves were not out and they were right out in the open nesting for a month. The predator birds nearly wiped them out. At least it was not happening right in my yard like it would have been if I had not changed things after Mr. and Mrs. Mallard stopped coming back a few years ago. I was always so saddened to see them losing the babies one by one through the summer.

Where do you live? It sounds nice hving all those animals around, but it is sad for the ducks.

Hi Dreamer, I used to live here all the time in Wasilla, Alaska. Now I am here for short times when getting medical care of some sort. Usually I am up North. The area I live is developed but large lots and the land wasn't cleared off years ago by fire or homesteading. The woods are mature forest and the creek is relatively clean. I say relatively because when Sarah Palin was mayor the decision was made to pave the roads before doing the sewer and water projects. There are hundreds of homes in this small watershed that goes for 15 miles that are on septic systems. I see foaming in the creek and the kind of choking growth that goes with nitrates getting into the water system. I think the foaming comes from roadway runoff farther up. The fish are still doing okay. There is so much life that happens around water it is a beautiful thing. There are many like minded people in the neighborhood. We are all tradespeople and regular folks here.

Back