ADHD or ADD

I was 9 when i was diagnosed. Back then, Ritalin was the drug of choice. I wonder what's prescribed to kids these days..?

Really? I have no idea about kids. My friends took a ritalin for ADHD and ADD. And my ex boyfriend took it for his ADHD. I never take a medicine for ADD. :dunno:

I was dx'd with ADDHD when I was 27 years old.

When I was in school, I would doodle a lot in class. Organization isn't my strong suit; once I called an "Eng 50" student at Gally by someone who was rather underwhelmed by my organizational skills.

My mom isn't good at organization. She might have ADD. I know how to organize on stuff. I learned it from school. But I admit I was sloth. My husband want me to do organize on bills. I tried to make a task to remind. I never did. :( I should to know better. I'm tired of being junk mails and papers around here. I have to clean up and organize for each of pails on the floor. It take me so long day.

Have you even watch on tv "Mission Organization"?

Mission Organization: Gail O'Neil Hosts Home Transformations
Mission Organization: Organizing Your Home
Help for Adults with ADD: Organize and Declutter Your Home for the Holidays | ADDitude - ADHD & LD Adults and Children
ADDvance - More Organizing Strategies that Work with your ADD (ADHD)

Hope that help

I was 9 when i was diagnosed. Back then, Ritalin was the drug of choice. I wonder what's prescribed to kids these days..?

Ritalin is probably still prescribed. But in addition to it, there's also adderall, concerta (which is just a sustained release form of ritalin), and concerta is also perscribed.

Hope this helps. :)

[/B]

Ritalin is probably still prescribed. But in addition to it, there's also adderall, concerta (which is just a sustained release form of ritalin), and concerta is also perscribed.

Hope this helps. :)

Coincidentally, I've got an RX for Concerta right here in my wallet..i've been too scatterbrained as of late to get it filled. :roll:

Ritalin is still the drug of choice, and we are still seeing the best results overall from it. But there are several choices of meds now. All basically work under the same principle as Ritalin.

My mom isn't good at organization. She might have ADD. I know how to organize on stuff. I learned it from school. But I admit I was sloth. My husband want me to do organize on bills. I tried to make a task to remind. I never did. :( I should to know better. I'm tired of being junk mails and papers around here. I have to clean up and organize for each of pails on the floor. It take me so long day.

Have you even watch on tv "Mission Organization"?

Mission Organization: Gail O'Neil Hosts Home Transformations
Mission Organization: Organizing Your Home
Help for Adults with ADD: Organize and Declutter Your Home for the Holidays | ADDitude - ADHD & LD Adults and Children
ADDvance - More Organizing Strategies that Work with your ADD (ADHD)

Hope that help

Thanks for the tips and you sound a bit like my mother. She may have ADD or not. LDs can cause ADHD like syntom so they have to be ruled out..Of course it can be caused by both..

Thanks for the tips and you sound a bit like my mother. She may have ADD or not. LDs can cause ADHD like syntom so they have to be ruled out..Of course it can be caused by both..

You're welcome. Do you mean LD Long disability?

im deaf and i do have adhd and my and my ex wife Jolie77s 2nd kid have it and hes deaf too..

I used had ADD for short time in mid 90's and on ADD medicine until next school year then stopped and ADD went nowhere to be my issue.

My sister has ADD but she's hearing and that's very difficult to get deal with it, left big mess in bedroom, bathroom and anywhere, and don't doing well at school too.

I used had ADD for short time in mid 90's and on ADD medicine until next school year then stopped and ADD went nowhere to be my issue.

My sister has ADD but she's hearing and that's very difficult to get deal with it, left big mess in bedroom, bathroom and anywhere, and don't doing well at school too.

It sound you had an ADD temporary. I have a friends who have ADD and ADHD. Some people had a short time ADD in childhood. The adult and children have ADD and ADHD. How did you stop ADD cause by?

I know one of my hearing is a friend clutter in house either. She must have ADD. She never believe in drug medicine treat for ADD and other mental disorder. She refused go to doctor to diagnose. She is obessive about herbal medicine than a chemical medicine. She wanted to be organicism and herbalism. I am trying to observe on her mental and behave. But I am not a doctor anyways. I can't force her go to psychology. She don't want to change it. (sighing)

It sound you had an ADD temporary. I have a friends who have ADD and ADHD. Some people had a short time ADD in childhood. The adult and children have ADD and ADHD. How did you stop ADD cause by?

I know one of my hearing is a friend clutter in house either. She must have ADD. She never believe in drug medicine treat for ADD and other mental disorder. She refused go to doctor to diagnose. She is obessive about herbal medicine than a chemical medicine. She wanted to be organicism and herbalism. I am trying to observe on her mental and behave. But I am not a doctor anyways. I can't force her go to psychology. She don't want to change it. (sighing)

Pinky,

I'm not a doctor, but I have had extensive experience in the field of psychology.

It sounds like your friend might be showing signs of OCD (given the clutter in her apartment and obsession with herbal therapies).

Pinky,

I'm not a doctor, but I have had extensive experience in the field of psychology.

It sounds like your friend might be showing signs of OCD (given the clutter in her apartment and obsession with herbal therapies).

How did you know?? Yeah I believe she has OCD, Bipolar disorder, and ADD. She has a voice abusive. She won't go to doctor. She is very rebellion. I am trying to pray for her. But She don't want get anybody to help her. :(

How did you know?? Yeah I believe she has OCD, Bipolar disorder, and ADD. She has a voice abusive. She won't go to doctor. She is very rebellion. I am trying to pray for her. But She don't want get anybody to help her. :(

That's really a tough situation when someone you know needs help but refuses to get any.

I happen to have bipolar myself (bipolar I rapid cycling), so if you ever want to learn more about it or have questions, feel free to PM me anytime. :)

By the way, it isn't uncommon for *some* people with OCD to have cluttered apartments/homes. They become so preoccupied with their obsessive thoughts (like your friend does with herbal therapies) that they neglect other aspects of their lives.

Back