A Traffic Pile Up in Venice, Italy

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
The description said it happened on A4 highway in Venice, Italy. 8 people died in that accident on August 8, 2008. I'm sure some of you might already know about the news.

[yt]vNO7zQ0FcPA[/yt]

The number of victems continue to grow in a wild truck accident which took the lives of 8, so far.

The accident which took place on A4 Venice Trieste in Italy, happened when a truck cut across the road smashing into oncoming traffic.

According to a reconstruction of the incident by Highway Police, a rig coming from Venice at the Cessalto exit (near Treviso) crossed into oncoming traffic flying into a vehicle that was passing another rig which crashing into the truck. The incredible course of the truck crashed into a Bmw as well.

Unstoppable after the collision and the pile up, the fire from the vehicles and trucks provoked an authentic hell on the highway with traffic blocked in both directions causing back ups of 10 miles.

Last edited:
That is far out and sad to see 8 people died. :(

3 weeks ago, my wife came home from Venice, Italy. We have condo at near Venice.

I am not sure what part of town that's where bad accident at between (Venice and Trieste). I would say about 70 miles apart between Venice and Trieste.

At Venice does not have major highway. I would say about 15 miles away away from Venice

Thank you for showed us video. I will show my wife.

I think that truck had a tire blowout, causing it to make a sharp swerve like that.

I think that truck had a tire blowout, causing it to make a sharp swerve like that.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking....front tire blows out and lose control of the truck.

Damn, I saw it on the news last night ---- the trucks blew up in a fireball... :eek3:

Damn, I saw it on the news last night ---- the trucks blew up in a fireball... :eek3:

Yep, indeed. It's really scary when that happens...it really sucks to be one of the victim getting caught with the truck.

[yt]Qf2LALZVn8M&NR=1[/yt]

Take a closer look at the truck's front right tire - You would be able to spot a bit of a spark from the metal.

[yt]Qf2LALZVn8M&NR=1[/yt]

Take a closer look at the truck's front right tire - You would be able to spot a bit of a spark from the metal.

Yep, that's what I thought. I can see the smoke coming from the right front tire.

Shocking to see that. I don't understand how there was the giant fireball immediately. Very sad. :(

Must be a heavy collison to cause the blow -- that can kill a lot of people instantly such as 8 people has been killed... but 8?

Shocking to see that. I don't understand how there was the giant fireball immediately. Very sad. :(

It was caused by 2 semi trucks colliding on impact which caused a big fireball. It looked like it was going at least 60 miles per hour.

Must be a heavy collison to cause the blow -- that can kill a lot of people instantly such as 8 people has been killed... but 8?

From what i can see, It could be tyre blow out at approx 55/60mph (european lorries aren't allowed to drive more than that, they have tacograph and the law is very strict, any higher you are booked) on the right hand side of the Lorry, causing huge tilt, forcing the whole lorry to swerve left into the central barriers.

8 people killed is possible because there is 2 cars that was completely smashed up. In those cars one of them could easily carry a family of four or friends, each of the lorries would be a driver in each, by the look of it they both probably are dead. Could be more or less but 8 is possible.

RIP to those who died. Unfortune accident.

It's sucks to see the truck smashed though the walls. Those walls aren't obviously strong enough against the 18 wheelers....

Back