A how old kid can alone in auto for short time....

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can I leave a kid in my truck while I need to quickly run in The Post office, small store, take out food or other places for short time alike less 5 minutes with good condition weather??

Thanks

Last edited:
You can't left kid in car. If bad person steal your car or kid

Someone almost steal my VW Scirocco (one year old from brand new).
I never understand how did bad person try to steal my car without key or damaged any wire.
The cop asked me parking back in. I said no. Just few away from my car parking spot.
I guess that bad person confuse my 5 speed shift.

Unless your kids are old enough, I wouldn't trust leaving the kids alone inside the car.

No not a good idea....best is wait till they are teenagers. I don't trust anyone today due to auto thief, kidnapping, etc etc. No thank you.

Nope. Don't leave kids alone in a car, even for a few minutes. Too many things could happen.

Depends on how old your children are? If they are over 10-12, I wouldn't mind, but if less than that, I wouldn't allow them to stay at the car alone.

Phillips.. not a smart idea... ya would need someone else to watch the kids in the car while ya head into the post office or so for a few mins... and beside ya could be arrested for neleigence and tossed in jail and Child and Family Service will have to take your kids away for a bit till the courts deal with ya somehow... so best thing to do is bring your kids in with ya to the post office and etc... that's all...

I understand but Need know how old?? I think 12 could be okay?

Only 13 years old are preferred.

I wasn't allowed to sit alone in car until 13 years old, it was 8 years ago.

a friend of mine left her son in car and went into gas station and a man stole car and relaized that a boy was in the car he is 5 and he dropped the car and ran away eventually caught by cops 30 mins later.. so not good idea leaving kids in car if it happens

I understand but Need know how old?? I think 12 could be okay?

A 12 year old child can be kidnapped just like any other kids no matter how old they are. I wouldn't leave him or her alone in the car if I were you.

Remember recently in Florida that 11 year old girl kidnapped and murdered by a man. Kidnapping was on a security video? She wasn't in a car, but I don't think it is a good idea to leave kids alone in public at all.

I guess that i can leave my girl alone when she was 18 or 21 years old LOL!! :D

Thanks

I leave my kids in car alone many time when they were around 8 or 9.

I remembered when I was 12, I was alone in my mom's old car. I guess times might be changed a lot since now...

15 years old may be better age, I think? Eighteen years old is a legal adult so I think your children can be alone in a car.

It's up to you, Phillips. :)

I was about 8 yrs old. A lot of things change since I was that age.

Common sense would tell you that it is not wise to leave the kids alone in the vehicle, even if it is for a minute or two.

I don't even leave my kids alone in the car for a minute or two for several reason. If I'm stopping at a gas station for an "in and out" thing, I take them with me. If I'm stopping by a friend's house to drop off some stuffs, I take them with me.

Even if I were to trust my kids to be alone in the car for a minute or two, I couldn't bring myself to do that because my kids are at the age where they are curious, mischievous and they could try to unlock the door, mess around in the car.

not long ago there was an incident in my hometown where a mother went in gas station just to pay money for the gas. police saw the kids in the car and charged the mother with leaving kids in car alone.

so no u cant leave kids alone in car. bad idea.. like others said due to kidnapping and carjack, and so on.

i remember i was left alone in my moms car when i was 11.. before that i was not.. i had to go with my mom everywhere.. but today is dangerous... nothing is safe nowadays....

be safe than be sorry.....

I was left alone in a car with my sister when I was about 9 or 11 years old and my sister was 6 yeasr old at least... I'm 3 years older than her.

Can I leave a kid in my truck while I need to quickly run in The Post office, small store, take out food or other places for short time alike less 5 minutes with good condition weather??

Thanks

NO way.. better wait until old enough like teenagers.. crazy ppl out there will do harm child/ren..

Back