2012 Fiat 500 in the United States.

Fiat 500c and Sport looks nicer than original Fiat 500.

Btw, I'm waiting for Scion IQ to come out.

toyota-scion-iq.jpg

That Scion IQ looks like it has almost no space for an engine up in the front. I'm guessing it's mounted in the rear like the Smart Fortwo.

That Scion IQ looks like it has almost no space for an engine up in the front. I'm guessing it's mounted in the rear like the Smart Fortwo.

No. It has front engine.

toyota-iq-drive-k04.jpg

Their MPG is 36 city / 37 hwy (why not 50 or something) ... :hmm:

Man - with the tall people in my family, those are some awful small cars. Even my Mercury Sable is too small for them.

US is only 20% bigger than here, much more populated though. This is not the car for long road trips, why mess with the seats.

Don't forget that most European have lot of curvy roads and very narrow streets whereas USA, there's lot of straight road, imagine this.. driving a very straight road for a long long time... we really need a comfy seat. In Europe, your body moved everywhere.... I been to Europe, in various locations, many times.

Dude, if the economy keeps getting worse and Obama has just OK'd the 50+mpg for entire car fleets by 2025, yeah I can see these becoming more common. I also see more and more people hanging on to their older cars for the comfort and room compared to these small cars.

All I can say is... I am NOT giving up my Mustang for one of these.

My family had a FIAT when I was young (I still am young, I just don't look it anymore). That damn car cost more to repair than it would have cost to replace it. We would be stuck at the oddest times. We finally figured out there was a "vapor Lock" issue where the gas pump stopped pulling gas into the engine because the gas in the line was turning to vapor (can't pump vapors, only liquids). So my dad installed an electric gas pump down by the fuel tank. No more breaking down in the middle of the road every time you drive... What an terrible car that was.

Back