2012 Fiat 500 in the United States.

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
2011-07-30+12.10.35.jpg

Of course, we call it a death trap. This Fiat is not the exact same version as the European model. The US has one of the strictest safety laws which is why they added better safety features and has quicker steering response than the European version.

Drivetrain specs: 101 hp and 97 ft lb of torque 1.4 liter I4, front wheel drive.

Remember when FIATs were known as "Fix It Again, Tony?"

No, I don't remember that quote. Altho, my brother used to have one that was a 1970's model. He said it had lot of problems, haha.

Yeah, that was the era. You probably weren't even a twinkle in your daddy's eye back then!

FIAT - Fix It Again, Tony

Ford - Fix Or Repair Daily, or Found On Road, Dead

Yeah, that was the era. You probably weren't even a twinkle in your daddy's eye back then!

Of course, I didn't exist before 1976. :lol:

Fiat redesigned and improved the driver and passenger seat comfort, specifically in the seat cushion area.

lol

Fiat redesigned and improved the driver and passenger seat comfort, specifically in the seat cushion area.

lol

Yes that's because United States is huge. Many americans drive long distances. The gas tank in the US version is bigger than the European version.

US is only 20% bigger than here, much more populated though. This is not the car for long road trips, why mess with the seats.

US is only 20% bigger than here, much more populated though. This is not the car for long road trips, why mess with the seats.

It can be because some people will drive long distances with small cars. I drove 2700 miles with my little 2000 Honda Civic. Don't forget the traffic as well. People sit in traffic more often than in Australia as well. You want a comfortable seat for that, too.

Ford was also - F*cking old rebuilt Dodge

Ford was also - F*cking old rebuilt Dodge

In the 80-ties, I've seen a bumper sticker that said:
FORD - Found On Russian Dump ....

(with all due respect to our Russian friends!)

Fuzzy

:barf: Too small for me. Why not you using Mini Cooper?

The current mini is not really a small car, if you want to cheap to run and lower fuel costs this (Fiat) is great.

Apparently, my dad had a Fiat when I was a baby. My mom says she called it "Mussolini's revenge" because it was always breaking down on him and he put all his money into it before finally abandoning it.

I wonder how reliable the newer Fiats are compared to the old ones back in the 1970's. That 2012 Fiat has an engine made in America (contract with Chrysler) but the body is made in Mexico. I personally think $16,000 starting price is a bit too high for a tiny subcompact. It should start at $12,000 or so at starting price. The Honda Fit is bigger and $1,000 less at starting price.

This Fiat 500 is a competitor to the Mini Cooper for your information.

I would suspect it's going to be all right. Cars generally have come a long, long way since the 1970s, and Fiat is no exception.

Fiat 500c and Sport looks nicer than original Fiat 500.

Btw, I'm waiting for Scion IQ to come out.

toyota-scion-iq.jpg

Back