Sickening news :(

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
This just makes me sick!

This terrorist served only 19 years in prison for hijacking a plane of innocent people, and cruelly killing an American sailor. It is disgusting! Why did the Germans set the terrorist free? It was supposed to be a life sentence.

This is NOT justice!

TWA Hijacker Released From German Prison
Tuesday, December 20, 2005

BERLIN — Mohammed Ali Hamadi has been paroled from prison after serving 19 years of a life sentence for the 1985 hijacking of a TWA jetliner and for killing a U.S. Navy diver, a law enforcement official said Tuesday.

Hamadi has been released from prison and has left Germany, said Doris Moeller-Scheu, a spokeswoman for the Frankfurt prosecutor's office. She said she didn't know his destination.

She said Hamadi's case came up for a regular legally mandated review by a parole court and he was released after an expert assessment and a hearing.

The flight was hijacked to Beirut, where U.S. Navy diver Robert Dean Stethem, 23, of Waldorf, Md., was shot and his body dumped on the tarmac.

German officials said the case was a matter for state authorities. Justice Ministry spokeswoman Eva Schmierer said Germany did not have any request from the United States for Hamadi's extradition.

A spokesman for the Foreign Ministry, Martin Jaeger, said there was no connection between his release and that of Susanne Osthoff, a German woman released at the weekend after spending more than three weeks as a hostage in Iraq.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,179254,00.html

Yes I saw that on news today and I felt it was wrong for them to release the terrorist. He doesn't deserve at all to be free after what he had done with the TWA hijacking in 1985.

That terrorist should be :rl: to death. Unfortunately German law has become more liberal in recent years. It used to be very hard line on both sides East and West Germany. Why they have a parole hearing for a lifer especially a terrorist beats me. Germany is also forgetting the terrorists also present a danger to Germany too like it has done to the U.S.A. . One of these days these terrorists will turn its back on Germany and attack Germany itself to re-pay the " so called liberal law of mercy when we know he will kill again with no hesitation " resulting in more innocent deaths when innocent lives would have been saved if he was still a lifer in prison. I personally am not in favor of terrorists being in prison for life. I think they ought to be exectued by a firing squad and as a German-American. I was very outraged with the liberal ruling. I hope the US Navy has sent a specialized team overseas to search and destroy Mohammed Ali Hamadi. Extradition does not work for terrorists because these terrorists are trained to escape at any time at will. They unfortunately learned how to escape in their terrorist so called military training camps.

Last edited:
Heath said:
... I hope the US Navy has sent a specialized team overseas to search and destroy Mohammed Ali Hamadi. Extradition does not work for terrorists because these terrorists are trained to escape at any time at will.
Officially, the Navy can't do that.

Unofficially, Navy divers, SEALS, and UDT sailors do not forget their shipmates, even after retirement. That's all I will say about that.

You can read more about the original terrorist attack at:

http://www.terrorism-victims.org/terrorists/twa-847-hijacking.html

It is very sad and chilling (includes pictures).

Please read this also:

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/rdstethe.htm

oh no, i could hardly believe this ! sigh...

Reba said:
Officially, the Navy can't do that.

Unofficially, Navy divers, SEALS, and UDT sailors do not forget their shipmates, even after retirement. That's all I will say about that.

You can read more about the original terrorist attack at

http://www.terrorism-victims.org/terrorists/twa-847-hijacking.html

It is very sad and chilling (includes pictures).

Yeah , thanks alots to the liberal wackos in Washington DC. If I was the U.S. President. I would send a team over to kill that terrorist and I would not allow the liberal wackos to stop in delievering justice straight to that sick terrorist. The liberals who try to stop an evil man ... I can not even call him a man ... an evil terrorist from 100% death then those liberal wackos will be tried and shot for treason. I can not imagine the pain that family of the US Navy diver is going through and it would anger and grieve the father of the sailor to know that the US Navy can not go after the terrorists and the terrorists mock our authority overseas.

They let this terrorist back on the street? :shock:....What were they thinking?

Heath said:
That terrorist should be :rl: to death. Unfortunately German law has become more liberal in recent years. It used to be very hard line on both sides East and West Germany. Why they have a parole hearing for a lifer especially a terrorist beats me. Germany is also forgetting the terrorists also present a danger to Germany too like it has done to the U.S.A.

I don't think we should be blaming Germany's government, If you read what it says that Germany did not have any request from the United States for Hamadi's extradition. Germany might not be perfect but either is United States. Every country has it flaws and mistakes, and I do think it's a mistake to let the terrorist go free.

Oh geee....
Made me worries about Terrioist freed on the walk... Will gonna be next ?
:Ohno:

I hope President Bush takes the initative and breaks through the liberal's screaming matches ( you would not believe what the liberals say and do ) and then gives the " green light " for the US Navy to go kill that terrorist. The terrorist must be watching his back and even his own shadow now. Too bad for him. Go USA !!!

Good Lord, it has been that long?? I remember watching the standoff on tv. It is burned into my memory because the way he was dumped onto the tarmac...it made me feel so furious inside. I have heard afterwar that the soldier was stoic while being beaten, and I felt pride in his courage.
Heath, do not blame liberals for everything. We ought to start a discussion about liberalism, but I am afraid there will be another nuclear meltdown during that debate. Are you man enough to be fair?
Anyway...We have crack units of Special Forces in each branch of the military, and they are NOT to be messed with. I am trying to remember...shortly after that incident, didn't we make some kind of strike in retaliation, as was proper? I am firmly on the side of our SOLDIERS, not the politicians, I do not care from what cloth they are cut, liberal, conservative, what have you. Politics caused the problems then, and they still do. Our soldiers deal with the madness, and that makes me furious too...
Soldiers want peace, I think, more than any of us can realize.

Cheri said:
I don't think we should be blaming Germany's government, If you read what it says that Germany did not have any request from the United States for Hamadi's extradition. Germany might not be perfect but either is United States. Every country has it flaws and mistakes, and I do think it's a mistake to let the terrorist go free.
I think that the U.S. didn't request his extradition before because they expected Germany to keep its promise to keep Hamadi in prison for the full life sentence without parole. That was the sentence, life without parole. They did not keep their promise.

Also, even if the U.S. requested extradition, Germany would refuse. Why? Because countries that don't have the death penalty (like Germany) refuse to extradite people to countries that do have the death penalty (like the U.S.). That is common.

Hopefully as we enter more deeper in the war on terror. More common-sense and hard hitting laws will be passed to hunt down and kill terrorists if they mess with us. We do not mess with anybody unless they mess with us.

Cheri said:

I am not blaming the German government as a whole. I am blaming the liberal German politicans who are in the German government. Yes every country does have it flaws and mistakes. You are right. There are just some mistakes that can not be done in terms of human costs. I hope the US does something asap.

Let's see what Liebling has to say on this because she lives in Germany. I am a German-American and would love to visit The Fatherland someday as I have never visited Germany. My sister is hearing and she went to Germany with her high school German club. I know Germany has very strict environmental laws and has very clean forests where you can backpack without pollution and the best of all is the Autobahn and you don't need Nascar for that. Everyday is Autobahn :)

This is what I got in my e-mail and makes alots of sense :)

Senator Jim DeMint ( R - SC )

Who he is?

Brief description :

Jim DeMint was elected on November 2, 2004 as South Carolina’s 55th U.S. Senator. He has dedicated his life in public service to defending the values that have made America great -- individual liberty, free markets and faith. Jim is a responsive, reform-minded Republican who is fighting for more independence and security for all Americans. Jim believes we are the most secure as a nation when we are the most free.

What he had to say :

December 20, 2005

Historic Words to Fight Terror by: 'Never Give In'

During the darkest days of World War II, Sir Winston Churchill declared that we must "Never give in." Fortunately for our generation, America never did. Recently, while attending a ceremony aboard the USS Yorktown commemorating the attack on Pearl Harbor, I was reminded of how much we owe to the Greatest Generation who refused to retreat in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

Now, as we fight the war in Iraq and the global War on Terror, it is our turn to rise to this sacred call of duty. As Brig. Gen. Jim Livingston said at that ceremony on the Yorktown, "When America is attacked, we don’t play patty cake, we fight and win."

Some have referred to Iraq as another Vietnam, yet they somehow miss the most important lesson of that war: when politicians abdicate duty in order to fight a war of political expediency, there are no winners.

We must unequivocally reject the defeatist attitude articulated by DNC chairman Howard Dean that this war is "unwinnable," and instead commit to our troops, our country and the world that victory is the only acceptable outcome in Iraq.

We must continue to set realistic milestones, not arbitrary dates, to measure the progress that is being made. For those who would say that the tone of the current debate is a healthy exercise in democracy, let me be clear. Debate over the strategy for victory is welcome. Destructive second-guessing of the mission our troops are currently engaged in is not.

And despite the rhetoric of those who would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, measurable progress is being made: ratification of a constitution, free elections, the training of Iraqi police and military forces and the building of domestic institutions that can deliver the services needed for a society to succeed. And Iraq’s budding democracy is spawning calls for freedom throughout the Middle East.

As freedom and democracy march on in Iraq as seen in the most recent round of elections, its citizens are taking ownership of their country. In the past week, Muslim clerics used the same loudspeakers that call the faithful to pray to urge their people to vote. There were only isolated incidents of violence and Sunnis, previously wary of the process, voted in greater numbers than ever before. Officials even kept polls open an extra hour to accommodate the large number of voters.

Many groups that once supported violence have laid down their weapons and joined the political process. The people of Iraq are not giving in to terrorists.

And as we recall yet another milestone - no major terrorist attack on U.S. soil since Sept. 11 - we are reminded that the war in Iraq is part of a much larger struggle. The terrorists clearly understand what many in the Democratic leadership do not seem to grasp: this war in Iraq will determine who will be on the offensive in this new century - the forces of freedom and democracy or the minions of tyranny, fear and terror.

When members of Congress from both parties voted overwhelmingly to authorize action in Iraq, we made a sacred commitment to see this war through to completion. Our troops must not be forced to pay for the equivocation of politicians looking to cut and run when the going gets tough. There will certainly be many obstacles to overcome as the newly democratic Iraq continues to spread its wings.

Yet my meetings with Iraq’s political leadership have given me confidence they will embrace the opportunities being given to them. They will make mistakes, just as we have through the years, but they will never give in.

In all of this, we must in no way minimize the sacrifices made by our brave men and women in uniform and their families. I have been to Iraq twice this year and seen the cost first hand. It broke my heart as I flew out of Iraq aboard a cargo plane with five flag-draped caskets - sons and daughters, parents and spouses who had paid the ultimate price. However, I also remember what one sergeant said as we ate lunch together in Baghdad. He had just lost a friend and he told me: “Don’t let my buddy’s blood be in vain. We have given too much to turn back; I’ll stay here as long as it takes.” This soldier will never give in.

As we gather with our families to celebrate this joyous holiday season let us pray for peace on earth. Let us remember our troops who are far from home protecting our families from future terrorist attacks, and renew our commitment to victory.

And as Iraqis continue their strides toward democracy with last week’s elections, let us never forget Churchill’s admonition to “Never give in.”

Sincerely,

Jim DeMint
United States Senator

I know Jim DeMint. He is my Senator. :)

more details:

Germany frees jailed Hizbollah man wanted by US
By Louis Charbonneau
Tue Dec 20, 9:05 AM ET

Germany has quietly released a Hizbollah member jailed for life for the murder of a U.S. Navy diver, apparently disregarding Washington's wish to extradite him, diplomats and German officials said on Tuesday.

"He served his term," Eva Schmierer, a spokeswoman for Germany's justice ministry, told a news conference.
Excuse me, but since when does 19 years equal a "life" sentence?

Sources in Berlin and Beirut said earlier that Mohammad Ali Hammadi, convicted of killing Navy diver Robert Dean Stethem in Beirut during the 1985 hijacking of a TWA flight and sentenced to life in prison, was flown back to Lebanon last week.

German legal sources said he had been released on Thursday and travelled to the Lebanese capital on Friday. Hizbollah sources confirmed that Hammadi had returned.
Hizbollah is a terrorist organization. Apparently, Hammadi has not broken his ties with the terrorists. Wonderful! He can go straight back to "work" again.

Hammadi's brother, Abdul-Hadi, was a senior security official of Hizbollah at the time.

...Hammadi's other brother, Abbas Ali, was sentenced to 13 years in prison for plotting the kidnapping of two Germans in Lebanon in the hope of forcing the release of his brother. He was released after serving his term.
Nice family.

(Additional reporting by Nadim Ladki in Beirut and Sabine Siebold in Berlin)

Back