Sickening news :(

Rose Immortal said:
I think every country has its share of trash. The U.S. has trash, Germany has some too, and so does EVERY country in existence. And each also has a decent share of good people. Better to go by the individuals than nationalities. I happen to be good friends with some very nice Germans who wouldn't hurt a fly, thank you very much. (Plus I am 1/4 German myself.)

Rose Immortal, I am also part German, as well as 1/4 Swede and 1/4 Dane, possibly even some French Canadian kicked in as well to make everything kick! ;)

By the way, I'm sure not everyone agrees with our military, some may even think of them as a joke, but they were given a job to do that even our president wouldn't even send his precious baby girls in to do. It's pretty pathetic right now.

pek1 said:
...By the way, I'm sure not everyone agrees with our military, some may even think of them as a joke, but they were given a job to do that even our president wouldn't even send his precious baby girls in to do. It's pretty pathetic right now.
Sorry to be :topic: for a moment but I have a question.

How could the President "send" (or "not send") his daughters to war? It's not up to him. If his daughters want to join the military, that's their decision. Our military is all volunteer. Even daddies can't force their children to enlist.

Reba said:

How could the President "send" (or "not send") his daughters to war? It's not up to him. If his daughters want to join the military, that's their decision. Our military is all volunteer. Even daddies can't force their children to enlist.

EXACTLY. Unless the draft is reinstituted, then it's an all-volunteer military.

Reba said:

My dad was telling me about the enlistees, or shall I say, drafters, during WWII and Korea. My dad served in Japan and never saw combat, but many guys he served with were busy all the time, writing letters back home to their Congressmen, asking for a "hardship discharge" because they came from wealthy families.

pek1 said:
My dad was telling me about the enlistees, or shall I say, drafters, during WWII and Korea. My dad served in Japan and never saw combat, but many guys he served with were busy all the time, writing letters back home to their Congressmen, asking for a "hardship discharge" because they came from wealthy families.

My belief is that if you get called then you go do your American Duty regardless of your family income status except in really poor families then not necessary such as a mother has one only son. I know it is scary to get the card in the mail to go before the draft board and hear them say you are A-1 ( fit for combat duty ) I would be scared too but I would go for the field combat experience, learn tons of self defense techniques etc. Hopefully you just get the training and see no combat like your father did which would be a real blessing but if your father had to go fight in the Pacific war like my Granddaddy did then he could use the experience to teach his sons and grandsons the self defense techniques to pass down on to another American generation. Now that we are living in wartime America with 9/11 you could ask your father about hand to hand combat etc. I got taught some things that are not in the military manuals etc. so talk to him and practice some good old fashioned ass kicking drills :D

Heath said:
My belief is that if you get called then you go do your American Duty regardless of your family income status except in really poor families then not necessary such as a mother has one only son. I know it is scary to get the card in the mail to go before the draft board and hear them say you are A-1 ( fit for combat duty ) I would be scared too but I would go for the field combat experience, learn tons of self defense techniques etc. Hopefully you just get the training and see no combat like your father did which would be a real blessing but if your father had to go fight in the Pacific war like my Granddaddy did then he could use the experience to teach his sons and grandsons the self defense techniques to pass down on to another American generation. Now that we are living in wartime America with 9/11 you could ask your father about hand to hand combat etc. I got taught some things that are not in the military manuals etc. so talk to him and practice some good old fashioned ass kicking drills :D

I do not believe they would draft upper class people if draft is still here today.

jazzy said:
I do not believe they would draft upper class people if draft is still here today.

I think that after Vietnam, there would actually be much more reason for them TO draft upper-class people, because the public would be watching the process with a microscope.

jazzy said:

I concur and how right you are!

:topic:
Please post about the draft in the draft threads that are already established.

Steel X said:
The german laws sucks much worse than our laws.

No they don't. I know their laws because I am German-American myself and have friends who are in the Germany Army today over there in Germany itself. Some German troops are serving in Iraq and Afghanstain.

Heath said:
No they don't. I know their laws because I am German-American myself and have friends who are in the Germany Army today over there in Germany itself. Some German troops are serving in Iraq and Afghanstain.
Were you born in Germany?

Reba said:
Were you born in Germany?

I said I was a German-American and that I have some German friends that I talk to and they are in the German Army itself today and I have a few German pen pals that I correspond by e-mail and they are in Iraq or Afghanstain doing their German duty usually with humaniatarian aid.

Heath said:
I said I was a German-American . . . I have some German friends . . . in the German Army . . . I have a few German pen pals . . .

:gives: The lady asked if you were born in Germany. It's a yes or no question, Heath.

:pissed:

More injustice!

German court hands Moroccan max for 9/11
By SIMONE UTLER, Associated Press Writer
Mon Jan 8, 5:45 PM ET

A Moroccan man convicted of aiding three of the four suicide pilots who committed the Sept. 11 attacks was sentenced Monday to the maximum of 15 years in prison for his role in the terror plot.

A German federal appeals court convicted Mounir el Motassadeq in November of knowingly helping the hijackers and sent the case to a state court in Hamburg for sentencing.

"Anyone who helped in this has earned stiff punishment," presiding Judge Carsten Beckmann said after announcing Monday's verdict. Defense lawyers said they would appeal.

Shortly before the verdict was announced, the 32-year-old defendant exchanged emotionally charged words with an American whose mother died on one of the two planes that crashed into the World Trade Center.

Dominic Puopolo Jr. fought back tears and held up pictures of his mother, Sonia Morales Puopolo, an American Airlines flight attendant, as he joined prosecutors in calling for the maximum penalty.

... "You have a chance to rebuild your life and be back with your family. Others don't," Puopolo said. "Your life is not over, but my mom's is."

...The appeals court convicted el Motassadeq as an accessory to the murder of the 246 passengers and crew members aboard the four jetliners used in the attacks, and ordered the state court to set a new sentence.

...El Motassadeq has already spent about three years in custody, time that would count against a final sentence.
German court hands Moroccan max for 9/11 - Yahoo! News

Should I :tears: or :barf: ?

Reba, yes I know and disagree with German justice system on him.... What he did belong to life sentence...

15 years ? Something is wrong with this picture. German law or American law or even no law. It is commonsense, with something like this. It is life in prison or a death firing squad or if he is set free by the courts. The U.S. Military still should go after him anyways then search and destroy him. He aided these suicide bombers, what is next ? Will he take his shahid vows and become a suicide bomber himself. I would shudder to think anybody would let that happen.

This is just wrong, wrong !!!!! 15 years Just wrong, man !!!!! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

No Reba thats not Justice at all & agree should be life in prison regardless of a fair trial or not.

Back