Cramps in your legs (calf)

VamPyroX said:
Those are called "Charlie Horses". It's when your calf cramps up and it's painful if you don't do anything right away. There is a method to stop it. As soon as you get it, straighten your leg and put your foot in the upright (perpendicular) position. What I mean is, pretend to be standing up straight. If you can't do it while laying down, get up and try it then. When you don't move your leg for a long time, it sometimes cramps up. It's because your leg's bent and your foot is too relaxed. When you move, the whole thing tenses up and that's what gives you the cramp. Straightening everything out will stretch the muscles before it cramps up more. That's what stops the pain. The sooner you do this, the less likely your cramp will become a "sprain". If you don't and it gets worse, then you'll have a hard time walking later.

Yeah, you gotta do that right away. As much as it hurts, it almost always provides instant relief. It's happened to me while I was asleep a couple of times as well! OWWWWW. I have woken up clutching my poor hubby a couple of times. LOL.

Yes that is true - need to drink something fruit or calcium, too.

The best is eat Banana.. It helps reduce the cramp.. My doctor told me when I got it once a while.. It helps..

Like i said earlier, some people cannot eat bananas or other potassium filled foods, they can get potassium pills from the doctor. my husband cant eat bananas (really he hates it) and orange juice so the dr. gave him potassium pills..it works well for him. Gatorade drinks has potassium in them too so he drinks that during summer when he has to work outside as he sweats and loses potassium.

Defee said:
Like i said earlier, some people cannot eat bananas or other potassium filled foods, they can get potassium pills from the doctor. my husband cant eat bananas (really he hates it) and orange juice so the dr. gave him potassium pills..it works well for him. Gatorade drinks has potassium in them too so he drinks that during summer when he has to work outside as he sweats and loses potassium.

Oh, I am sorry that I didn't see it.. forgive me. Glad they gave ur husband the pills for potassium.. also glad it works..

Lianca said:
Oh, I am sorry that I didn't see it.. forgive me. Glad they gave ur husband the pills for potassium.. also glad it works..
Oh no need to apologize..thats ok really...i m just saying that some people cant eat bananas or other stuff with potassium in them. Just in case, others didnt know this, they can get potassium pills from the doctor. Its good that you and other people can eat bananas and drink orange juice. :)

Back