Writer who is ready to learn

EV_Fairfall

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. About a month ago I didn't know anything about Deaf Culture or being deaf. I'm hearing but I'm a writer who likes to explore characters who overcome different difficulties in order to better understand life and humanity. I recently started writing a new book and my main character is deaf. This will be a NA (New Adult) Novel and my character is a 23 year old woman. I've been doing a lot of research but I'm coming into this without knowing anything.

I found this site first and I asked Alex if I could become apart of it. He said yes so here I am. However, I didn't sign up right away. 10 days of research later and I feel a little less out of loop :)

I really didn't want to come onto this forum without a better understanding and I'm still a little afraid that I'll ask the wrong question but I want to better understand my character and because I'm not deaf, I need you.

By the way, I'm E.V. Fairfall but you can just call me Evey or Fairfall. I've had my eyes opened to a world I knew nothing about and I'm excited to learn more.

When I finish writing this book... which will take awhile. I'll definitely be wanting some beta readers (who read the NA or YA genre) who can let me know if anything that is said is inaccurate or unbelievable.

Sorry this message is kind of long :)

All the best,
E.V.

Back