Would like to get to know you

prof.grey

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Cindy. I have many deaf friends and although I am not deaf, I speak ASL. I am a Christian and enjoy the association I get at our Kingdom Hall. I have come up with an idea for a new game, it's Scrabble with ASL handshapes in place of english letters. I've contacted the Hasbro corp about it but I was wondering what you personally think of such a game.

hi Prof.grey,
I didn't understand your comment about that game..plz tell me what kind of game?I would like to hear about this..however,I'm profoundly deaf but have hearing aids

Are you familiar with the game Scrabble? You and up to 3 opponents have 7 tiles, each tile has a letter, so for example your tiles could be - p o m n r e q- Out of those letters you make a word, say "prone". Each tile is wortha certain number of points. Next your opponent makes a word that build off you word. For example, his tiles are - f e n i l t w a - he can use my letter "P" and add his letters "lane" to make plane. The ASL form of the game would use hand-shapes instead of english letters. I hope you understand, what do you think?

Hi Cindy,

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay here :).....

:welcome: to AD! Happy New Year's!

thx for explaining about this..by the way,I don't have familiar with this game:) right why u're interesting this game just curious..if u have any website about form of this game would use hand-shapes,send me thanks.

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Have fun browsing and posting! :)

1.gif
to AD.. I hope you will enjoy the stay with us and happy posting away! :)

Back