World map by Australia

The Highlander

Reaction score
worldmapbyaustraliaoj4.jpg

Jake..Is true?

Yes, It is true. That s weird map!!!

McArthur's Universal Corrective Map of the World has a fabulous history, made by an Australian who was tormented for coming from the "bottom of the world". It was the first modern south-up map, published in 1979.

The Upsidedown Map Page - World Maps with South at the Top

We will wait for Jake s answer.

HAHA! that is awesome.

Whoa... this map caught me off guard. That's an interesting concept. ;)

Ha. Have to wait until about 5pm (CST) which would be about 8am at Jake's zone to reply.

PowerON, that's correct -- its ten minutes to 9am.... but this is funny and that's not true, it is upside down... If you just flip it over, viola.. that's a accurate one ;)

PowerON, that's correct -- its ten minutes to 9am.... but this is funny and that's not true, it is upside down... If you just flip it over, viola.. that's a accurate one ;)
So, you admit that you Australians are usually inaccurate? ;)

Heh! I've seen that map not too long ago when I ate at Outback Steakhouse. It was posted on the wall at the table where I was sitting at. I thought it was quite funny to see it. :)

That looks confusing when looking at the map upside down.

Me and my husband went to Outback Restaurant last Friday. It's very delicious! It's funny because the waitress asked me if I need go to restroom. I found it out the door said "Shelias" for women and "Blokes" for men. I saw the map flip too. It's funny! Outback is my first time to eat it in my life. It's expensive and very good food! YUMMY!

That's interesting map I have seen it once. I do would like to find that map someday and put it up on my wall. :)

Back